South College DPT 2020 Start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Fairly certain there is one for the January start. Not aware of one for June but if anyone knows I’d love to hear about it
I chose the January start date, and am in a Facebook group already!
"
South College January DPT Class of 2021 Private Group
" Sophie is the admin and will accept you in!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone! I am a CA resident who applied to South College. I submitted my app on Oct 1st, submitted my supplemental on Oct 15th, and got an email for an interview on Oct 17th. I have to do the interview still, but you do get a week to complete it. I know it is 4 questions, 20 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to respond but does anyone know what kind of questions are asked? I'm hopeful about South College because my stats aren't crazy high but I did also get an interview at University of St. Augustine in San Marcos, CA. However, the tuition is more than double at USA and their program is 8 months longer than South College. So I'm just going to wait and see who else asks me for an interview and if I get selected! :)

Hello everyone! I am a CA resident who applied to South College. I submitted my app on Oct 1st, submitted my supplemental on Oct 15th, and got an email for an interview on Oct 17th. I have to do the interview still, but you do get a week to complete it. I know it is 4 questions, 20 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to respond but does anyone know what kind of questions are asked? I'm hopeful about South College because my stats aren't crazy high but I did also get an interview at University of St. Augustine in San Marcos, CA. However, the tuition is more than double at USA and their program is 8 months longer than South College. So I'm just going to wait and see who else asks me for an interview and if I get selected! :)
Hey from Cali as well. I’ve been accepted to south and opted for the June cohort if you want to message me with specifics id be happy to help you

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone still holding out for South College, it looks like they've kept their admissions offers to under 100 so far (for Jan + June) in case the January start does not get approved. I've already been accepted but was just curious, so I asked Sophie from admissions and this is what she said:

"We are keeping a close eye on how many offers we make and will not exceed 100 should the January cohort not get approved to make sure everyone gets a seat that have already been offered."

So my understanding is once they find out if they're approved that basically opens up another 100 seats. Just a bit of hope for anyone still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email for an invite to interview for South yesterday! It's my first invitation in my first time applying and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the online platform?

I got an email for an invite to interview for South yesterday! It's my first invitation in my first time applying and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the online platform?
It is 3 questions, you have minimal time to think about what you are going to say. Maybe 10-15 seconds, and then if I remember correctly there was no limit on time for your answers. The question that stumped me was, "What is one thing about the profession you would like to change and how would you implement this?" This is not verbatim, but it was something along the lines of that.

It is 3 questions, you have minimal time to think about what you are going to say. Maybe 10-15 seconds, and then if I remember correctly there was no limit on time for your answers. The question that stumped me was, "What is one thing about the profession you would like to change and how would you implement this?" This is not verbatim, but it was something along the lines of that.
Mine was 5 questions, 3 minutes each.

Any updates on the january start date? I got an email saying they are looking for applicants. I submitted my app Monday Night. I previously applied in the spring but was denied. I have since then taken 2 more courses to improve pGPA

Any updates on the january start date? I got an email saying they are looking for applicants. I submitted my app Monday Night. I previously applied in the spring but was denied. I have since then taken 2 more courses to improve pGPA
Well orientation is scheduled for Dec. 14th in Knoxville and we've had several onboarding-related things due already. I hope they let the last batch of acceptances know very soon!

What are your stats?? Curious because mine are not high either.

For the ones already accepted into the Jan cohort, do you know how many spots have been filled? Also, to those who have submitted your interview, have you heard anything back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the ones already accepted into the Jan cohort, do you know how many spots have been filled? Also, to those who have submitted your interview, have you heard anything back yet?
Yeah, we are at 63 spots, the cap is 65!

Have you been offered an interview? If so when did you submit your app and receive the invitation?

Have you been offered an interview? If so when did you submit your app and receive the invitation?
I submitted my application the day we got the approved email I think around Nov 19. I got an interview invitation 2 days after and submitted the interview the same day, Nov 21.

I submitted my application the day we got the approved email I think around Nov 19. I got an interview invitation 2 days after and submitted the interview the same day, Nov 21.
Yikes. Well, I am out of the running then. I applied 11/25....

Ok thanks! I was under the impression that they were accepting 100 students.
In our virtual webinar last night Dr. Mccabe stated that our cap was going to be 65. We are getting our official class schedules within the upcoming week.

I submitted my application on November 6th and got an invitation for an interview on November 21st. I submitted my interview on the 26th and got an email saying it was received and I would get an update within 30 days on December 2nd.

Ok thanks! I was under the impression that they were accepting 100 students.
They might've capped it at a lower class size because of the student-faculty ratio... I believe they hired several new faculty members for the Jan cohort but there might not be enough for a class of 100

Did they close up seating?? Haven't received any news yet or seen any additional students in the Facebook group?

Update...I received an acceptance from South College on November 15th for the summer term. I completed their interview on Oct 30th.

Did they close up seating?? Haven't received any news yet or seen any additional students in the Facebook group?
I believe they've capped it at 65 and last week we were at 63. It's probably closed as everyone's flying out to orientation this weekend.

I received my acceptance for June 2020 start date! In my acceptance email there was a link to the Facebook group!

I have an interview for South College and I am wondering what types of questions they ask? :)

Congrats!!! Do you remember what were the interview questions? I’m so nervous about it!! :-(
Hey! I interviewed back in January and was accepted to the June '23 cohort. The interview is pre recorded questions, which will play and you will have around 1-2 mins to respond. The questions are pretty basic ie. how do you respond to criticism, how is your time management, how are you prepared for an accelerated DPT program etc. I think there was like 4-5 questions overall

Hey! I interviewed back in January and was accepted to the June '23 cohort. The interview is pre recorded questions, which will play and you will have around 1-2 mins to respond. The questions are pretty basic ie. how do you respond to criticism, how is your time management, how are you prepared for an accelerated DPT program etc. I think there was like 4-5 questions overall
Thank you! So it’s less about your personal experience and more about the likelihood of you being successful in this type of online program?

Thank you! So it’s less about your personal experience and more about the likelihood of you being successful in this type of online program?
Yes, for the most part. Although, its hard for me to remember exactly but there also may have been a question or two about a PT you shadowed in the past or your favorite experience in a PT setting etc.