South University Interview Feb.22nd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgurl85

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey:) I was just wondering if anyone who interviewed at South University on Feb. 22nd, heard anything yet from the school. I am so anxious to find out whether I got in or not:0

Members don't see this ad.

No I havent heard anything either! I am in the same boat... I just want an answer! Let me know if you hear anything

well...I got a letter in the mail from South today. I got deferred. So, is deferred better than being on the waitlist? Also, has anyone got accepted after a deferral letter from South?

Members don't see this ad :)
well...I got a letter in the mail from South today. I got deferred. So, is deferred better than being on the waitlist? Also, has anyone got accepted after a deferral letter from South?
I don't know for sure. I haven't gone through my interview as of yet. I am interviewing with them next Friday (my spring break week).
However, I was told by a lady on the phone that they were able to pull out almost everyone from their "deferred" list last year.... But I don't know about this year though. You can call them and ask.

Defered? What exactly does that mean? I am scared I didnt get one today and I interviewed when you did too... maybe just because your closer to the school..

Defered? What exactly does that mean? I am scared I didnt get one today and I interviewed when you did too... maybe just because your closer to the school..
In South's letter, they said "Deferral status means that we will continue to consider your candidacy throughout the Admissions Cycle." The postmark date says Feb.28 and I got it March 1st, so you will probably hear from them soon.

was anyone accepted after the interview?

Defered is wait list. I'm there too. I have a feeling there is a large pool of wait listers.

I wonder how many are on the list from Aug. until now.

Does anyone know of deferred students that turned into acceptances? If so, how long did they have to wait for an answer and how were they contacted?

I have also been deferred at South. I contacted Dr. Jones and she said they don't even begin looking at the waitlisted students until April.

I called there too. They told me the wait can be until about 2 days before the quarter starts.

I called there too. They told me the wait can be until about 2 days before the quarter starts.

yeah.. but the school will start really soon in June, not like most schools... so it's not like you waiting until August. I went there for an interview last Friday. They are pretty cool. They have already accepted approximately ~50-60 seats at that time..

Pharmgurl85, how do you think about the school?

yeah.. but the school will start really soon in June, not like most schools... so it's not like you waiting until August. I went there for an interview last Friday. They are pretty cool. I have already accepted approximately ~50-60 seats at that time..

Pharmgurl85, how do you think about the school?
Yeah, I think it starts the 16th of June. I really like the school. It's my top choice and the only school I applied to. The people there are really personable and friendly. Also, the location is great because it's near my family.

The people there are really personable and friendly. Also, the location is great because it's near my family.

Yes, they are. The location is great for me too, so I don't have to leave Georgia. Weather is nice!! I hope you get pulled from waitlist soon. I can understand when people want to be with family and friend. That's one of the main reason I apply to this school. I would be sad for me to move away from them for the next 3-4 years.