Southern Illinois University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard anything yet? I saw on last year's thread that the first interview round was sent out on September 15th and now we're well past that
 
Interview #2
School: SIU
Notification date: 10/5
Method of notification: email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/7
Application complete date: 6/17
GPA (science, overall): 4.0,4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/25/20, no
Dates available OR your interview date: Several dates available
Method of interview: Both - Zoom interview; In-person campus visit
 
Interview #1
School: SIU
Notification date: 10/5
Method of notification: email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application complete date: 8/18
GPA : 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/20/20, no
Dates available OR your interview date: Several dates available
Method of interview: Both - Zoom interview; In-person campus visit
 
I submitted my AADSAS appin early August, and status is "None" and I haven't received a single email since then, not even an email that says they received the app. Is this normal, or am I just silently rejected lol...(I'm OOS).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The class of 2024 had only 8 OOS students for SIU's class, not a lot of seats so it could explain the radio silence. They also only accepted 16 out of the 24 students they interviewed from 280 OOS applicants. So it's a smaller class and tougher to get in.
 
anyone else's status on AADSAS for SIU change to check back December 15th?
Nope. From previous years' threads if your status is changed after your interview you are likely to be accepted. May I ask when did you interview?
 
Hi! congrats to those who were accepted! I was wondering if anyone that interviewed first or second week of December hear back?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received any updates since Dec 15th? Any acceptances, waitlists, notice of how full the class is?
 
@lm1271 I received an acceptance on January 19 and know several other students who also heard back, I will however not be accepting
 
I called the office and they said the director of admissions was on holiday for the remainder of February and that once she got back, they would call a meeting of the admission committee to discuss more acceptances. And basically to not expect acceptances until March
 
I called the office and they said the director of admissions was on holiday for the remainder of February and that once she got back, they would call a meeting of the admission committee to discuss more acceptances. And basically to not expect acceptances until March
I called earlier this week too but didnt get this update! So thank you for sharing 🙂
 
Has anyone who’s interviewed received anything besides an acceptance, like a waitlist or rejection? I interviewed in November but haven’t heard anything at all, is that a rejection or waitlist?
 
Has anyone who’s interviewed received anything besides an acceptance, like a waitlist or rejection? I interviewed in November but haven’t heard anything at all, is that a rejection or waitlist?
Nope, I interviewed december and went to a visit day mid January ... nothing yet
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With other schools, you can kinda get an idea of acceptances and how full the class is based on the members in the fb group but I haven’t seen one of those for SIU yet