Southern Illinois University Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Has anyone hear back from Angela for the past month?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, she was out of office until Feb 20th. Not sure if theres been any updates since then :((
Anyone hear anything? I had campus visit 1/20 and still heard nothing back. I applied pretty late tho - submitted and verified late October. From previous years it's usually notified on a Thursday or Friday if accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
@lm1271 I received an acceptance on January 19 and know several other students who also heard back, I will however not be accepting
For those who were accepted what was you AADSAS status before you were accepted and what did to change to (if it changed) once you were accepted?

Anyone hear anything? I had campus visit 1/20 and still heard nothing back. I applied pretty late tho - submitted and verified late October. From previous years it's usually notified on a Thursday or Friday if accepted.
Nope, but Angela said the class is not full yet and they are making acceptances on a rollis basis 🤷🏽‍♀️
Cant tell for sure though if anyone has recently been accepted. 😭😭😭

Nope, but Angela said the class is not full yet and they are making acceptances on a rollis basis 🤷🏽‍♀️
Cant tell for sure though if anyone has recently been accepted. 😭😭😭
Yoshi thanks so much for letting me know! When did Angela said the class is not full yet? Did anyone contact her after 2/20 she comes back from vacay?

Reactions: 1 user
For those who were accepted what was you AADSAS status before you were accepted and what did to change to (if it changed) once you were accepted?
I believe the night before you getting the phone call around 11pm to midnight the system will change to "offer made", according to people I know gotten accepted into SIU previous years.

Yoshi thanks so much for letting me know! When did Angela said the class is not full yet? Did anyone contact her after 2/20 she comes back from vacay?
No problem!! We all in this together 🥲 stressing out day by day lollll
I emailed her yesterday asking if I can get an update and thats what she replied with :))

Her reply was very general, not too specific but at least we know the class isnt full yet! 🙏🏽

But the group me group now has 40 people 🥲🥲🥲🥲

• Hmm
Just got accepted today at 9:30AM via email!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations! Are you from Chicago? Would you mind sharing your status? DAT/GPA etc. When did you apply and attend the campus visit? thank you in advance.
Of course! I'm from the Chicagoland area. For DAT: 21 AA, 22TS, 21PAT, nothing below 17. My cgpa 3.52, sgpa 3.3, bcp 3.38. I interviewed nov 2nd and toured november 29th I believe.

Of course! I'm from the Chicagoland area. For DAT: 21 AA, 22TS, 21PAT, nothing below 17. My cgpa 3.52, sgpa 3.3, bcp 3.38. I interviewed nov 2nd and toured november 29th I believe.
Thank you & congratulations again! Did you have any work experiences related to dentistry?
Did you call them to check on your status often? Did they tell you yesterday if the class is full?
I am not sure what I should do at this moment …

Thank you & congratulations again! Did you have any work experiences related to dentistry?
Did you call them to check on your status often? Did they tell you yesterday if the class is full?
I am not sure what I should do at this moment …
I’ve worked as a dental assistant for 1.5 years at two offices, the first was general and cosmetic and the second is a pediatric, orthodontic, and general. I emailed them a few weeks back updating them on new experiences but besides that, didn’t really reach out. I got accepted via email and there was no mention of how full the class is. My recommendation is to keep having dental and volunteer experiences and update them about it

Congratulations! Are you from Chicago? Are you straight out of college or non traditional with work experiences? TIA!!
I graduated may 2021 and have been working in dental since and this was my first time applying

Has anyone tried reaching out to the school for any updates. Seems like they are just not replying anymore. Class is possibly full so wondering about new updates.