sp position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khydroxide

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys so i finally landed an sp position after quitting cvs. the previous owner/sp mentioned that i have to do the controlled inventory as the new sp. is there anything else i have to do officially ? the controlled substance inventory is c2-5 or just c2 ? Do i create a log book or can i just do it electronically ?

Members don't see this ad.

SP? Staff pharmacist?

Sounds like you are going to be a PIC? If so my answer would be to check your states change of PIC rules.

Members don't see this ad :)
Supervising Pharmacist...yes you have to do all Controls C2-5 whenever PIC/manager Pharmacist is changed

Yup...and typically it must be done before you take over for your first official shift in charge of the pharmacy (whether it be done at the end of the day prior to your start, or go in early before opening to do it).

Reactions: 1 user
Make sure when you sign the log that you date it with the exact time as well. I got a 400$ fine from bop bc I didnt put the exact time but it was also bc they were looking for sht to fine me over bc everything else was good.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Make sure when you sign the log that you date it with the exact time as well. I got a 400$ fine from bop bc I didnt put the exact time but it was also bc they were looking for sht to fine me over bc everything else was good.

Could you give me a general idea of what the inspector is reviewing ? i feel like i inherited a mess from the previous owner and i'm not sure what to focus on. control/narc inventory is number 1 but that one's pretty straightforward. i'm more worried about record keeping and other things they might try to ding me on they i may have overlooked. TIA.

Could you give me a general idea of what the inspector is reviewing ? i feel like i inherited a mess from the previous owner and i'm not sure what to focus on. control/narc inventory is number 1 but that one's pretty straightforward. i'm more worried about record keeping and other things they might try to ding me on they i may have overlooked. TIA.

Stupid sht like your name and phone number posted in the front office. Your staff rphs license and tech licenses posted. Overfills, they will go around and pick up 20 bottles...shake them...and if it feels heavy they will start counting. Your CMS thing that you have to have posted in the waiting area.

As for other record keeping stuff, it really depends on who shows up that day. They will ask for the typical stuff, one C2 script, one c3-5 script, and a regular script. They will go thru your bin. I did not get fined for the little medication guide that you're supposed to include for certain meds but my colleague got fined for this. Tbh, a lot of it is just dependent on the guy that shows up. My other audits, they just made a fuss about some of the amber vials with no lot # and/or exp. You pay a fine, you write them a letter of action to correct the things they found, and then u move on. Oh and all of this will happen 8 months after the audit cuz apparently they are understaffed and you will get the result of the audit up to a year later. Lol. God speed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users