Spay/neuter externships.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knr1527

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would love to hear about some good spay neuter externships anyone did! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get to go, but I have only ever heard great things about Humane Alliance. The ones I did were all local to where I lived and where I was trying to move to.

I too hear great things about the Humane Alliance, and I've even used their online videos to learn a few new things.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is the VIDA program if you would like to travel. I've had classmates go and by the last few days are doing complete spay/neuters all day. I recently spoke with one person about it and she told me some participant did not get to the point of going solo, but that was because they either were not proficient or did not want to do it.

I spent 2 weeks at Humane Alliance during my senior year and highly recommend them! I am confident the training is the best you will find for high efficiency spay and neuter techniques! If you can get in there it is 100% worth while.

This past summer I went to Nicaragua for a week with WorldVets and had a great experience. Had just finished first year, so I had no surgery experience but finished the weeks having completed 3 spays and 3 neuters! The instructors were great and we were able to still have time to sightsee and enjoy ourselves.