toothless rufus

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Does anything aside from EM fit these criteria? I looked around on the internet, and it seems not.

noshie

Don't judge!
10+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Pretty much any specialty can have an office. If you get in with a group of doctors you wont have to work as much. I used to work in a pulmonologists office and they worked 1/2 days. One would work the 8am-12 shift and the other worked a 12-5pm shift. But they also did their part at the hospital so they worked much more than that. I would say on top of the office shifts they probably worked like 10 days a month at the hospital but it was more like on call for 10 days a month. There were many in the group however and that is why they did not work that much.
Oh and radiology work in shifts.

About the Ads

toothless rufus

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I know a couple of young anesthesiologists who have deal with their practices to do nothing but night coverage for a major medical center.

That sounds cool! Yeah, I love working nights! I'm a total night person. I don't know how I'm going to adjust to med school. :(

toothless rufus

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Yah, toothless, I think anesthesia is good for that. Some anesthesiologist friends of mine tell me that's why it's so popular lately. There's probably others. Radiology, kinda.

Good news! When I actually start working 40 years from now, lol, I wanna work shifts, nights only, if at all possible!!

Orthodoc40

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
Between Michigan & Massachusetts
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
no idea what that comment means.

I think it means toothless is really WAAAAaaay out there, ;) and it's probably a good thing he wants to work nights. :laugh:

Hospitalist - that's a good idea!
Maybe pathology, or hematology would work out for your plan, too, toothless... Guess what? You have lots o' time to figure that part out!!

toothless rufus

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
no idea what that comment means.

Just being my usual stoopid self, sorry! Yeah, hospitalist sounds interesting!

I think it means toothless is really WAAAAaaay out there, ;) and it's probably a good thing he wants to work nights. :laugh:

Hospitalist - that's a good idea!
Maybe pathology, or hematology would work out for your plan, too, toothless... Guess what? You have lots o' time to figure that part out!!

Oooooh Hoooo...Deeeeamweeevahh,, errrayeee believe you can get me thru the niiiiight-heh!

These I will look into, thanks!

fabu1ous

Wow, it is so clear...
10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2007
Looking into the sky :)
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Does anything aside from EM fit these criteria? I looked around on the internet, and it seems not.

I know of a psychiatrist who works as an attending at a major hospital-- no on call, works M-F 8-4pm. With a sweet lunch break... did I mention no on call? He says he likes psychiatry in the hospital setting too because he manages the psyche unit and also completes consults throughout the house-- very interesting work.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.