JackADeli

10+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2008
South
Status
  1. Non-Student
So, I am curious what reqs/ideas folks have in preparation for some of the surgical specialty boards:

1. what courses?
2. what review books?
3. etc....

If you have experience and reqs, please reply with the specialty you are commenting on and your reqs...
i.e. GSurgery; Osler for written and SESAP

interested in things like: colo-rectal, SICU, thoracic, vascular, etc???

Castro Viejo

Papa Clot Buster
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Jun 3, 1999
Status
  1. Attending Physician
So, I am curious what reqs/ideas folks have in preparation for some of the surgical specialty boards:

1. what courses?
2. what review books?
3. etc....

If you have experience and reqs, please reply with the specialty you are commenting on and your reqs...
i.e. GSurgery; Osler for written and SESAP

interested in things like: colo-rectal, SICU, thoracic, vascular, etc???

Vascular Surgery. There's a bunch of old vascular board-type questions floating around out there, published as sort of a SESAP type thing for Vascular Surgery. Beyond that? Dunno what else... I don't know what people think of the Osler Vascular course. The Moore text is a fairly quick and easy read if you just had to read a textbook. Rutherford is a bit thick for my tastes... And there's always VESAP, published by the SVS, but I don't know anyone who's looked into that either.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads