Specialty choice for class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What kind of doctor do you wanna be?

• Total voters

TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of us class of 2009 wanna-be's, it might be interesting to take a poll today of what we want to be, and then maybe perhaps in 5 years time, someone can check back and see what we actually turned out being.

Sound cool? Lets vote!

NOTE - for obvious reasons this vote is not anonymous!!!

Members don't see this ad.

TripleDegree said:
For all of us class of 2009 wanna-be's, it might be interesting to take a poll today of what we want to be, and then maybe perhaps in 5 years time, someone can check back and see what we actually turned out being.

Sound cool? Lets vote!

NOTE - for obvious reasons this vote is not anonymous!!!

Ophtho all the way baby!!! Ohh..sorry to be soo picky, but I think it's

'Ophthalmology' :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops sorry!

Note that I said ENT doc instead of Otaryo.........ist

:D

i want to specialize trauma surgery, but i guess orthopedic surgery will do...

aww i couldnt pick thoracic surgery :(

dshnay said:
aww i couldnt pick thoracic surgery :(

Actually CT Surgeon is Cardio-Thoracic Surgeon. Maybe I should've spelled it out, sorry

CT Surgeon baby!

Boy I hope I don't represent that surgeon stereotype of a med student put up on that "12 Types of Med Student" cartoon.

<shrug>.. eh whatever... I'll prob switch from a CT to plastic anyway just so I can have a family life :rolleyes:

17 votes to date ... come on folks. I want to see at least 100 votes on this poll. So get your butt on in here and vote :)

Seriously, given that most of us are overachievers, otherwise we wouldn't be on a student doctor forum, this poll would be a rough approximation of where the best minds in medicine are leaning towards.

So would a gastroenterologist be same as an internist?

randomlogik said:
pathologist not on the list?!

Yeah, I was looking for Path too.