Specialty Quiz - EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GobesN

Reaction score
Well, I want to go EM and I took the SDN specialty quiz and got these results...I’m pretty happy with it. Who else wants to go EM?

E2BEBC09-4D93-4FA5-88D6-D43247D78893.png

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Given that Diagnostic Radiology and EM are almost polar opposites, I am not sure how to interpret these results.

Reactions: 3 users
Given that Diagnostic Radiology and EM are almost polar opposites, I am not sure how to interpret these results.

I feel like it’s just a quiz and I am just using the high percentage of EM to justify me wanting to go into EM...as a fun thing (although I really do want to go into EM). I’m taking it with a grain of salt, like all quizzes like this, like everyone probably should. I posted to see who else wants to go into EM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M4 going into EM. Just took this and got the EM #1. For undecideds this may be a good quiz, but if you have an interest and have shadowed in that setting, esp in EM, this quiz is loaded with confirmation bias. Not to say you shouldn't go into EM, but this is not a good metric.

Reactions: 1 user
M4 going into EM. Just took this and got the EM #1. For undecideds this may be a good quiz, but if you have an interest and have shadowed in that setting, esp in EM, this quiz is loaded with confirmation bias. Not to say you shouldn't go into EM, but this is not a good metric.

Agreed. It’s just a quiz. I’ve shadowed an EM doc and I volunteer at an ED in triage. Like I said, I took it with a grain of salt...like others probably should. :)

Cool that you are going into EM! Any residency interview advice you’d like to share?

Agreed. It’s just a quiz. I’ve shadowed an EM doc and I volunteer at an ED in triage. Like I said, I took it with a grain of salt...like others probably should. :)

Cool that you are going into EM! Any residency interview advice you’d like to share?

Get into med school. Do well in med school. Do well on your aways. Don’t be an awkward creep = profit

Reactions: 1 users
Highly recommend keeping an open mind in med school. For one, you will do better on rotations and will have a better app for EM (or anything else). Second, you never know what you’re going to fall in love with. The majority of med students change their mind. I came into med school with a decade of experience in the OR thinking I was going into something like surgery or gas, and even just my first year in med school I’m already in love with a completely different specialty.

Please send me two box tops, $50, and a core digital stethoscope with premium package attached, and I will tell you what is really best for you!