Specifying a specific school you have an association with in your PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DesertSeaDiver

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have had two significant experiences with my in-state medical school that I am discussing in my PS. In my PS, I've named the hospital I currently work at as well as the associated cancer center I had an internship with.

Is this a bad idea in regards to applying to other schools? My guess is most likely, but I'd appreciate everyone's opinions.

Should I avoid saying something like: "Working at the University of [state] Hospital, I am responsible for..." and instead just say "Working in a hospital as a [job title], I am responsible for..."