-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I apologize if this seems like a semi-neurotic question but I sent in all my secondaries like mid-August and I have never had anything on my record in my entire life and a couple weeks ago I got an 80 dollar speeding ticket, thats all it was, and I'm just wondering if I have to do anything about this, like do I have to inform the schools that this happened? Theres a decent chance that when I go to court in the next month this will be dropped because I have a clean record and I was cooperative, but I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about this? Thanks in advance!
Kiss of death for most schools. Better hope it gets plead down otherwise you're done
I apologize if this seems like a semi-neurotic question but I sent in all my secondaries like mid-August and I have never had anything on my record in my entire life and a couple weeks ago I got an 80 dollar speeding ticket, thats all it was, and I'm just wondering if I have to do anything about this, like do I have to inform the schools that this happened? Theres a decent chance that when I go to court in the next month this will be dropped because I have a clean record and I was cooperative, but I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about this? Thanks in advance!
Is it possible for you to steal a homeless man's ID and forge a new identity for yourself sir?
🙄
but srsly you'll be right mate, don't worry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to scare you, but there is at least one state in which a speeding ticket is a misdemeanor (I think Tennessee or Virginia), and perhaps others. Our advisor at my undergrad told us about a candidate who received a ticket in that state and didn't report it. It ended up costing him an acceptance. It wouldn't hurt to double-check for your state, but I am 98% confident you'll be fine.
D
deleted390966
Just for a speeding ticket!!?!?!? 👎 🙄Our advisor at my undergrad told us about a candidate who received a ticket in that state and didn't report it. It ended up costing him an acceptance.
In some states speeding is classified as a misdemeanor and would need to be reported on AMCAS.Just for a speeding ticket!!?!?!? 👎 🙄
Kiss of death for most schools. Better hope it gets plead down otherwise you're done
Not sure if serious....
Pay the fine, send an update to the schools if this is a misdemeanor and sleep easy. No one is going to find a candidate to be "risky" or "unacceptable" due to a speeding ticket.
Not to scare you, but there is at least one state in which a speeding ticket is a misdemeanor (I think Tennessee or Virginia), and perhaps others.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm fairly certain that it's only beyond a certain speed that it becomes a misdemeanor. In other words 5 or 10 over the speed limit = moving violation, fine. 20+ over = misdemeanor. (Don't hold me to those numbers though).
That's what I've heard in Pennsylvania, but it is definitely varies by state.Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm fairly certain that it's only beyond a certain speed that it becomes a misdemeanor. In other words 5 or 10 over the speed limit = moving violation, fine. 20+ over = misdemeanor. (Don't hold me to those numbers though).
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm fairly certain that it's only beyond a certain speed that it becomes a misdemeanor. In other words 5 or 10 over the speed limit = moving violation, fine. 20+ over = misdemeanor. (Don't hold me to those numbers though).
It looks like it's a state-by-state thing. For example, California operates on a points system and no matter how over the speed limit you are, it's only considered an infraction. Pay the fine, the points go on your record, but only for a finite amount of time...like 3 years or something.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm fairly certain that it's only beyond a certain speed that it becomes a misdemeanor. In other words 5 or 10 over the speed limit = moving violation, fine. 20+ over = misdemeanor. (Don't hold me to those numbers though).
Hahahahah I've gotten out of so many misdemeanors then.
Yup, as others have said, state dependent.Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm fairly certain that it's only beyond a certain speed that it becomes a misdemeanor. In other words 5 or 10 over the speed limit = moving violation, fine. 20+ over = misdemeanor. (Don't hold me to those numbers though).
In Nevada, any moving violation=misdemeanor, from what I've read
D
deleted401746
This thread just made me remember a speeding ticket I got about 2 years ago (New Jersey, I think around 17mph over), and I did not think anything about it. I paid it, and that was that. It did not go on the AMCAS (did not even think that it would be classified as a misdemeanor, and even if it was that we would report that).
Now I just checked up online, and it seems that any speeding ticket from NJ is considered a misdemeanor - what do I do? I already applied, sent in secondaries, and attended interviews.
???😱???
EDIT: I am a NY resident
Now I just checked up online, and it seems that any speeding ticket from NJ is considered a misdemeanor - what do I do? I already applied, sent in secondaries, and attended interviews.
???😱???
EDIT: I am a NY resident
Last edited by a moderator:
20+ in Virginia is a misdemeanor. If you are in VA and facing a reckless driving charge, get a good lawyer.
Or plead it down to speeding. In our little county, the state troopers are making so much work for the local courts that they're quite willing to reduce a reckless to speeding so they don't have to process you in court.
Definitely know the laws of whatever state you're in. They can vary widely.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K