Sports Medicine CAQ Thoughts/Feelings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PickleRick19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the Sports Medicine CAQ exam the other day and man, that was tough. Somewhat demoralizing. Could be a toss up whether or not I passed. I know a few others who thought it was pretty tough too. Anyone else feel like many of the questions weren't anything like the ITEs or AMSSM review book questions? I feel like I knew the content from those questions fairly well but the exam felt different.

Members don't see this ad.

No resource is completely helpful for CAQ. Its like that every year. I felt the same last year but I passed. Though Im still not happy about the way they asked weird and unnecessary stuff that you will hardly ever see in your practice. You will do fine. Good luck.

I did a combo of everything possible over the last month, Sports med review q-bank, ITEs, Mayo course, the last 3 AMSSM question books and read as much of Finnoff as I could. Between everything combined I think it helped. Test was hard, but not the worst board exam I've ever taken. Hopefully we all get good news next month!

Side note I know they said Aug 25th as tentative score release date, but anyone know how long they historically take? Someone said it only took like 4 weeks, so would be actually be like by Aug 11th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Took the Sports Medicine CAQ exam the other day and man, that was tough. Somewhat demoralizing. Could be a toss up whether or not I passed. I know a few others who thought it was pretty tough too. Anyone else feel like many of the questions weren't anything like the ITEs or AMSSM review book questions? I feel like I knew the content from those questions fairly well but the exam felt different.
Being released tomorrow

No resource is completely helpful for CAQ. Its like that every year. I felt the same last year but I passed. Though Im still not happy about the way they asked weird and unnecessary stuff that you will hardly ever see in your practice. You will do fine. Good luck.

Being released tomorrow

Passed! By a good margin. I guess between using 2 AMSSM CAQ question study books and reviewing the ITE and practice ITE, it was enough.

Reactions: 1 users
Passed! By a good margin. I guess between using 2 AMSSM CAQ question study books and reviewing the ITE and practice ITE, it was enough.
Congrats! I'm not FM so I gotta wait until tomorrow haha, I can't see scores

Reactions: 1 user