Sports Medicine

Started by PTP
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PTP

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know where I can get information about sports medicine. I am interested in going into FP followed by a fellowship in sports medicine if the opportunity arises.
Any ideas on how difficult it is getting into sports medicine from FP?
What is job market like after finishing up?
Whats the salary like, starting off and after a few years into?
Thanks all.
 
Hi,

I know that fellowships for sports medicine are extremely competitive. We have a very large sports med faculty due to affiliation with Virginia Tech. I do know that most of the faculty are Family practice certified and only one is ortho. Does your school have a sports med club? If so, the faculty advisor would also be a good resource. This is a great website to check out:

http://www.aoasm.org/index.html

It is a DO website (which is what I am familiar with 🙂 )

good luck
 
the aafp website aafp.org has a fellowship page with all accredited fellowships with links, salary, etc