Sports Science Major...?

Started by SPS100
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SPS100

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone ,

I was just wondering, I'm a sports science major, is this a sufficient enough field to pursue PT? or should it be Biology, Chem. or something of that sort?

Also, is it necessary to have all your pre-reqs complete before applying?

Last Question...Whats the recommended average to get it ?
 
Hey everyone ,

I was just wondering, I'm a sports science major, is this a sufficient enough field to pursue PT? or should it be Biology, Chem. or something of that sort?

Also, is it necessary to have all your pre-reqs complete before applying?

Last Question...Whats the recommended average to get it ?

Sports science? What's that? Do you mean kinesiology? I'm a kines major. Anything science related is a good foundation for pursuing PT. Depending on the school, you may need all the pre-reqs completed since the PTCAS calculates your GPA, but there may be something to where you can input the pre-reqs you plan on taking in the upcoming semesters. And the average to get in? Nobody can really answer that. Be well rounded, have good/decent grades, decent GRE, and show schools you want to be a PT.
 
I was a Sports Science major. At my school, it is equivalent to a Kinesiology major commonly seen at other universities. So far, it's given me a really good foundation in PT school. Basically, you can get your bachelor's degree in anything and apply to PT school, just as long as you've taken the required pre-requisite classes. However, being a bio, sports science, or kines major will help a lot in PT school.
 
As long as you take the pre-reqs for PT school, your major doesn't really matter that much. But I would say that is a good major to have.