Can I still get into a sports residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gymkage

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a first year DPT student, and I'm 99% sure I'm finishing with a B in anatomy, potentially one or two other classes. I know its just my first semester, but I've been stressing big time because Anatomy is such a big class and its 6 credits, so my GPA is taking a big hit. Will a B in this class ruin my chances of sports residency? I really wanted to get do a sports residency right after graduation.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't do a residency, theres no reason too. Completing one does not increase your pay neither does a board certification. You can sit for your SCS after 2000 hours of clinical work without a residency where most likely you will take a pay cut of around 70% of a full time salary.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I'm a first year DPT student, and I'm 99% sure I'm finishing with a B in anatomy, potentially one or two other classes. I know its just my first semester, but I've been stressing big time because Anatomy is such a big class and its 6 credits, so my GPA is taking a big hit. Will a B in this class ruin my chances of sports residency? I really wanted to get do a sports residency right after graduation.
I don't know but doubt it if you end on a good GPA but honestly, don't waste your time. Just try to get into a sports-focused rotation (start looking now so your school can be contracted with them if they aren't already). You won't make any more money with a residency & will just take a crappy salary for a year or whatever length of time.
By the way, I got a B in anatomy and graduated with a GPA of 3.7. Don't stress about it now.
Good luck!