Spring Break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kef148

KSU c/o 2013!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I know that not everyone here is in school. But I thought for fun, we could all share our spring breaks with eachother.

I'm from Colorado, so I went down to the Great Sand Dunes and camped for a couple of days with my BF and some friends. It was so great because we were really lucky with the beautiful weather we had (especially for March!)

Then I had to ruin our trip by needing to go home and get a wisdom tooth removed :(. So now I'm here with a swollen face obsessively reading SDN threads. It's become one of my new favorite things to do. :rolleyes:

Of course, I'm back to work for the rest of the week, so I will have to live the rest of my spring break through the rest of you! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on spring break, but my husband does all the big installs at the university while the students are gone, so no vacation for us. I had two days off from work, and I did all the laundry, vacuumed, cleaned and rearranged the kitchen, and then I read. Three books down at like five more to go! I'm still enjoying it. I do have homework though. Hah.

My Spring Break isn't for another week and a half! :eek:
But it will consist of

a. Stalking the mailman for a UF letter
b. A flight to Stillwater to go check out OKSU
c. packing to move to somewhere....(see item A and B) :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I went on an alternative break at a tiger refuge. Lots of manual labor but still fun!

I actually teach and don't have Spring Break until the second week in April! However, I will be attending a workshop that pays $1000 for the week!! I'm gonna need the money this Fall!

I'm in the middle of spring break now. It has not been very break-like, although I have been enjoying it immensely (except for the drive home this morning, which involved caffeine and two naps to make it safely). I worked evening shift Friday and Saturday, slept much of the day Sunday, worked the overnight shift Sunday,and stayed until mid-afternoon Monday to watch the workup on a couple interesting cases. I went up to Penn yesterday to talk to Dr. Keiter and Dr. Atchison and see the place (mmmmm. I loved the campus and the people, and imagine21 did a great job of answering all my questions. Now I just have to get in, hah!), then worked the overnight shift without a nap in between. I slept all day today, and now I'll stay up for a while, then try to sleep some so I can get back on a daytime schedule tomorrow. I have to feed my stalk-eyed flies tomorrow, and, between tomorrow and Monday, put together a presentation and formal protocol for a lab meeting on Monday and write a brief proposal for an anthropology project. I also have a lab report due Tuesday, a physiology exam Wednesday, and an evolution exam Friday. Fortunately, I don't have to work this weekend, because I haven't gotten any schoolwork done so far this week.

Last edited:
I'm on break this week as well. Not very exciting (at least compared to my friends who went to Mexico!) I came home to my parents' house and I've just been hanging out, running a few errands and doing some homework. I am headed to South Carolina tomorrow am as a last-minute trip to visit my aunt with my mom and grandparents for a few days, and I'm really looking forward to that! I'm enjoying all the family time I can get before I move halfway across the country in the fall, as I'm sure most of you can appreciate. :)

I'm on spring break, but my husband does all the big installs at the university while the students are gone, so no vacation for us. I had two days off from work, and I did all the laundry, vacuumed, cleaned and rearranged the kitchen, and then I read. Three books down at like five more to go! I'm still enjoying it. I do have homework though. Hah.

IT? My husband's been doing a bunch of upgrades over break, too. sucks because our breaks NEVER coincide. I've been getting some more work hours in and enjoying the warm weather (50 degrees! WOW IT IS SO TOASTY OUT!) around the house.

Trying to finish grad. research before going to vet school + crazy PI = No Spring Break :(

Last edited:
Studying for 2 exams and 2 quizzes that are immediately after break :eek: Mean teachers! Very, very mean!

Currently studying abroad in Edinburgh (enough of a vacation itself), but spring break starts for me march 27th and lasts 4 weeks! I'll be going to Dublin, Berlin, Krakow/wroclaw (poland), stockholm, netherlands and belgium, then on a trip up to the Scottish highlands.

Yeah, i'm spoiled this semester.

You know, I keep hearing undergrads talk about this "spring break" thing and I'm not quite sure I remember what it is. All I know is that next week I've got a bunch of time to catch up on some research until Spring quarter starts. :D

IT? My husband's been doing a bunch of upgrades over break, too. sucks because our breaks NEVER coincide. I've been getting some more work hours in and enjoying the warm weather (50 degrees! WOW IT IS SO TOASTY OUT!) around the house.

Networking! So, a bit similar... but don't tell him I said so. Haha.

One more install tonight! Home at about 3am, or that's the plan...

Members don't see this ad :)
My spring break starts this weekend and its gonna be far from stellar. Mainly just hanging out with friends and work Monday and Tuesday and then having surgery Wednesday which will put me out for the rest of the week.

My spring break is this coming week and I'm flying home to PA to see my boyfriend (& family of course) for the first time since New Year's!!! I CANNOT WAIT. Except for the 50-degree weather. That I could do without. Says the newly spoiled Florida resident..

We are free as of tomorrow at 4pm and I'm off to London, baby! :D

Went to Dr because I had a nasty sinus infection, been riding my horse everyday (how lovely to enjoy something I spend most of my non-school time trying to pay for), biking, sitting (yes sitting) outside in the sun because its been in the 60s, working a few hours here and there, studying... and installed all new saddle racks at the farm today. Yes!

I just got back from 4 days of cross country skiing at Crater Lake in Oregon.

I spent my spring break in town, primarily due to the fact I was finishing up my forensic entomology research project, which consisted of watering my dead pig on a daily basis. So I spent my spring break with rotting pigs...Yay!

My spring break was last week, and I'm really sad that it's over. I spent the week riding with a farm vet (70% LA 30% SA practice), which was TOTALLY AWESOME. Watching a foal get born for the first time was so, so much better than getting sunburned in Florida :laugh:.

my spring break consists of packing so that we're ready for our move to colorado, convincing my mom that we dont need plates that we never see that were from the 70s. lol. I am also having a crochet/knitting party on thursday so i'm hoping that i can learn how to crochet something new. i want to make mittens. lol.

What a great spring break! Went with two classmates down to FL from Auburn. I'm a Florida native so we got to stay with friends and spent little money. We ended up doing a complete tour of FL, down the west coast and up the east! Here's the rundown...
Camping at Oleno State Park, Kayaked Crystal River and snorkeled the springs and saw manatees up close, camped at Hog Island (north of Tampa), brunch with friends in Tampa, drove down to the keys across Alligator Alley, 2 days in the Keys/Key West, drove up to Vero Beach where I am from and spent a few days there at the beach, surfing, fishing, boating, seeing the family, then off to St. Augustine for a day and back to Alabama!
I :love: Spring Break!!

My spring break was the 1st week in March. I flew from MA to SC so I could be with my family and ride my horses that are down there..oh yeah and enjoy the warm weather. I also went to Myrtle Beach while I was there and saw Larry the Cable Guy!!:) It was fun and now I am back at school in the cold..fun fun...

My Spring Break starts this Friday and I'm heading to Orlando, Florida to spend the week at Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios with my family! :) I'm such a kid :soexcited:

I definitely will! I like tower of terror and rockin' roller coaster haha :)

haha I loved Tower of Terror and rockin roller coaster (the music was so much fun, too). Space mountain too!

I love how I am absolutely bored out of my mind during spring break.

Just got back from APVMA Symposium at U of I (Champaign, IL), now it's spring cleaning (house and barnyard), getting some volunteer hours in, and finding the books for next quarter!

I had spring break... two? weeks ago. I went on a training trip with my rowing club to the Olympic center in GA. 70s/80s the entire time. hours on the water rowing for six days and a lot of fun times off the water. only thing that wasn't great was the sore muscles and blisters and that my hand got infected... but now its back to school. but only for a little while longer cause my last day of classes/exams is 4/28!!!