Should I even bother with spring semester if admitted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MintyMoose

tOSU CVM c/o 2028
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding undergrad. So I'm kind of in a weird position where last year (which was my senior year) I applied and ended up getting waitlisted and never admitted. I decided to postpone my graduation date because I wanted to take more classes to boost my GPA but I didn't want to pursue a masters and wanted to still be eligible for some of my schools undergrad scholarships and activities.

Anyways, I have all my requirements for graduation and the only classes I'm missing for two schools I applied to are Gen chem 2 lab and cellular biology. These courses aren't available at my main 4 year uni so I'd have to take them elsewhere. So I was considering, if I get admitted into vet school, do you guys think I should even bother taking courses in the spring? Additionally, on my VMCAS application I listed some prospective courses I would be taking in the spring at my 4 year (STEM GPA boosting courses). After being admitted, would graduating early and not taking the classes I listed look bad disqualify me for admission? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If they aren't required for a program that you're admitted to, I wouldn't bother spending the money on additional coursework. However, many schools release decisions later than you'd likely need to make a decision to drop those courses without having a W or WF on your transcript from where you would take them, so that's something you'll have to consider.

Reactions: 3 users
only classes I'm missing for two schools I applied to are Gen chem 2 lab and cellular biology. These courses aren't available at my main 4 year uni so I'd have to take them elsewhere. So I was considering, if I get admitted into vet school, do you guys think I should even bother taking courses in the spring?
If they are not prereqs for the school you were admitted to, I wouldn’t spend the money to take them, personally. If they are prereqs, obviously need to take them or they will pull your acceptance.
After being admitted, would graduating early and not taking the classes I listed look bad disqualify me for admission?
If they’re not prereqs, no one will care if you don’t take them. Save the money for vet school costs.

Reactions: 1 users