Spring Semester Class Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kay5

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a current freshman, and I'm looking for some advice on what classes I should enroll in this spring. The two options I'm thinking of are....

Linear Algebra (2)
Chem 2 (5)
Physics 1 (3)
Differential Equations (3)
English (3)
For a total of 16 credit hours

or

Replace Differential Equations with Gen Bio 2, which is 4 credit hours. This makes it 17 credit hours total.

My main concern is that the differential equations professors have bad ratings (rate my professor) for this semester. I don't know if it's best to risk a bad professor or to try and balance 3 science classes?

Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm a current freshman (chemical engineering/pre-med), and I'm looking for some advice on what classes I should enroll in this spring. The two options I'm thinking of are....

Linear Algebra (2)
Honors Chem 2 (5)
Engineering Physics 1 (3)
Differential Equations (3)
Honors English 2 (3)
For a total of 16 credit hours

or

Replace Differential Equations with Gen Bio 2, which is 4 credit hours. This makes it 17 credit hours total.

My main concern is that the differential equations professors have bad ratings (rate my professor) for this semester. I don't know if it's best to risk a bad professor or to try and balance 3 science classes?

Any advice?

Personally, I would replace differential equations with Bio 2. Do well in Linear Algebra because it will help with differential equations the following semester especially when dealing with boundary value problems. I took linear before differential and can’t recommend it enough.

Reactions: 1 users
Personally, I would replace differential equations with Bio 2. Do well in Linear Algebra because it will help with differential equations the following semester especially when dealing with boundary value problems. I took linear before differential and can’t recommend it enough.
Thank you! Do you think 17 credit hours is a reasonable amount with the above classes?

That’s really individual, some people can handle it and others can’t. You also need to consider obligations outside of school like shadowing or volunteering. I had a similar courseload where I was taking Microbio, Combinatorics, Stochastic processes, Honors Literature, and Orgo II all while raising 2 kids. Some people can do it and others can’t.