St. Augustine and online courses

Started by BlueBlue8
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BlueBlue8

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a future University of St. Augustine student. As many of you know, the tuition is pretty steep as it is a private school. (And yes, in an ideal situation I would be going to a cheaper, in-state school.)

Today I read that "either 50% of the classes are going to be completely online courses or that 50% of lecture components will be online by next year." (Source: a facebook group for a current class)

I've also read on these forums that Duke, another pricey school, intends to offer more online courses.

Is this a new trend? Are other schools doing the same?
Shouldn't they cut the tuition if they are not teaching? Or maybe I'm just not hip to technology?

Thoughts?
I thought I had come to terms with the tuition, but I don't feel comfortable shelling out that much money only to have to teach myself the material.