St. Christopher's College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bts4202

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone has questions about St. Chris feel free to post them on this forum or email me. The basic sciences is done in England, clinicals in the US.

Also see:

www.stchris.edu

Sincerely,

BTS4202
President of AMSA

Members don't see this ad.

In addition to the above site, please check out the St Chris forum on ValueMD.com. Bts and I have made a comprehensive database of information regarding our school.

http://www.valuemd.com/index.php

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

mtt
St Christopher's College of Medicine
Student Government Association
Class Representative
Medical Student, Year II
Luton, England

Members don't see this ad :)
why does it always seem to me like you are giving this school a hard sell????

if people want info, they tend to ask. and there is certainly no need to bump this...jeez!

WOW, NielC, you are still around?? Cool, my friend owes me $25 then :clap: . How are you? Are you in clinicals yet? Are you in the states or still in Prague? I hope all is well for you and I wish you the best of luck. :D

Sincerely,

BTS4202

Oh, for the love of God, why can't we just ALL get ALONG? :rolleyes:

We all have the same common goals -- lets leave the nit-picking fighting at the door.

Thank you :cool:

yep, still around...in prague now, leaving for the statees june 5...i have the usmle in august, and i am doing 2 rotations in the states before i head back to prague...i imagine you are headed to clinicals soon as well, right?

seriously, i don't mean to be an ass, but it seems like st chris propaganda is popping up everywhere i look. i don't even go to the valuemd site anymore, as it just seems like a big ad for st chris. glad you guys are enjoying yourselves and it seems like the school is doing well, but al lthe repetitive sales minded posts are a bit much for me!

good luck with everything

hi neilC,

No, I am not ready for clins just yet. I will take step one in Dec. and start clins in jan. I hope to do most stuff in Ga. and some in Mass. Although before I get to that I have to concentrate on learning path...:(

As far as ValueMD.com, the only place I post st chris stuff is on the St. Chris forum.. thats it.... well, except my cardioquiz in the step II forum, but that is different. ;) Any other st chris post on any other area has been done by a prospective student and is beyond my or any other students control. I would be perfectly happy if Doc moved them all into the st chris forum... I don't care.

I don't make any money from promoting my school, I do it because I went to another school first because i didn't know what else was out there. This forum has mentioned a great many fantastic schools including Charles Uni, if nothing else at least this post let people know st chris is out there and how to get more info. Again, I invite anyone wanting more info to either post questions or email me directly, I am happy with either.

Thank you NeilC, I wish you all the best and I am POSITIVE that you will succeed in all you hope for.

If I may offer one peice of advice for all prospective students to ANY school.... always visit the campus BEFORE you confirm your acceptance. I know it may be difficult and expensive, but you wouldn't spend $200,000 on a house without taking a look around would you?

sincerely,

BTS4202
President of AMSA

Hi,
I'm thinking of applying to St. Christopher's... though I have NO idea about the reputation of the school and how students do on the USMLEs, and most importantly how easy it is to get residencies in the U.S.

Any information would be helpful.

Jamerson,

There is a ton of info on www.valuemd.com that you can check out. Go to the St. Christopher's forum.

However, I will try and answer some of your questions here:

I have NO idea about the reputation of the school

The school is relatively new. it was started in 1998, I think, but the WHO listing was in 2000. That is pretty new to have a large reputation, however, our rep is growing quickly and we have a very large number of transfers from other schools, signaling that people are starting to see st chris as a better alternative to the carrib. As I am sure you already know, it is based in england, with a charter from Dakar, Senegal. All basic sciences are done in england and all clinicals are done in the US at ACGME accreditted rotations. Our students in clinicals have reported to us that they are allowed much more freedom and respect based on the fact that they studied in england than their carrib counterparts. I can't say whiether this respect is warranted or wheither it is just personal pre-convictions from the program directors in the states, but it happens a lot.

how students do on the USMLEs

We had a 90% 1st time pass rate for all of this year, last year was 85%, and the year before was 95%. Starting this semester, we have incorporated the princeton review into the 5th semester of our program. Their proffs will be flying over to hold a 2 hour review, everyday, for 13 weeks, plus online exams and everything for 5 months after the class. I expect that our USMLE pass rate will stay the same if not go up as our amounts of incoming students increase.

how easy it is to get residencies in the U.

We had a 100% match rate this year. For further info, it is best to contact Dr. Leone, the director of the program. He can give you names and emails of current residents if you so desire. Call the NJ office at 1-(888)-728-0100 and ask for him.

Originally posted by bts4202
If anyone has questions about St. Chris feel free to post them on this forum or email me. The basic sciences is done in England, clinicals in the US.

Also see:

www.stchris.edu

Sincerely,

BTS4202
President of AMSA

Isn't the British medical system different from the American medical system?

Yes, it is, just as the carrib system, phillipine system, and european system is different than the US. However, st chris is chartered in Dakar, Senegal.

This program leads to a MD and an International Bachelors of Medicine. There are other progs such as MD/PhD, MD/MSc, and 6 year MD... but I am just refering to the basic MD curriculum. There are many clinics and a nursing school in Dakar, but the basic science portion of the med school is in England and the clinicals are all in the US. You have the chance to do rotations in senegal if you choose, but it not required.