St. John Fisher College Class of 2018 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ifirpo

Ifirpo
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So a new application cycle is here. Anyone else applying for st. John Fisher?

Members don't see this ad.

Tuition is a little high and they prefer in-state residents, but I am hoping for an interview at the least. I got the email to complete my account at sjfu portal and now just awaiting any news.

But I thought there was no supplemental application for st. john fisher. I'm currently finishing up on my PharmCAS application. Is there something else that has to be done to meet the School's requirements?

Members don't see this ad :)
But I thought there was no supplemental application for st. john fisher. I'm currently finishing up on my PharmCAS application. Is there something else that has to be done to meet the School's requirements?

Yeah you are correct that there are no supplementals, but you have to create an account with their portal to view that status on your application.

I heard that St.John Fisher made a contract with Walgreen regarding jobs for the graduates. Anyone has any details on this contract?

I heard that St.John Fisher made a contract with Walgreen regarding jobs for the graduates. Anyone has any details on this contract?
The pharmacy school was made possible by a $5 million donation by Robert B. Wegman, Chairman of Wegmans Food Markets,Inc. Many of the school's graduates have become Wegmans pharmacists, but there's no contracts with anyone.

Nope. But it has only been a week for me. Did they email you about making an account to check on your status? When did you submit your pharmcas app?

Yes, I just received an interview invite via email but I did submit my application first week possible in August.

Congrats on the interview. :) how long did it take for them to send you info to make an account. If you don't mind, can you share your stats? Thankss

Congrats on the interview. :) how long did it take for them to send you info to make an account. If you don't mind, can you share your stats? Thankss

Close to 5 weeks for me to get the email for an account? My stats are nothing too special, but cGPA 3.3 and PCAT 76.

Close to 5 weeks for me to get the email for an account? My stats are nothing too special, but cGPA 3.3 and PCAT 76.

Oh, I guess I won't be hearing from them until a month. :( and I still need to retake the PCAT in Nov. When is your interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Nope. But it has only been a week for me. Did they email you about making an account to check on your status? When did you submit your pharmcas app?
Yep. I e-submitted on 9/13 and received their email to create and account on 9/24 so its been a while! :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I guess I won't be hearing from them until a month. :( and I still need to retake the PCAT in Nov. When is your interview?

I haven't called Michelle to schedule my interview yet. Good luck!

Has anyone else heard back from here after they made an account to view their app status online?

Has anyone else heard back from here after they made an account to view their app status online?

I was offered an interview yesterday via email

I was offered an interview yesterday via email

Congrats on the interview invite. Would you mind sharing your stats? How long did it take for them to get back to you on making an account after you submitted your pharmcas application? Thanks! And good luck on your interview :)

Congrats on the interview invite. Would you mind sharing your stats? How long did it take for them to get back to you on making an account after you submitted your pharmcas application? Thanks! And good luck on your interview :)
It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me about making an account after my PharmCAS app was verified. My stats were 3.7 cGPA and 94 PCAT.

It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me about making an account after my PharmCAS app was verified. My stats were 3.7 cGPA and 94 PCAT.
Your stats are awesome! Good luck on your interview :)

Hey all, I'm thinking about applying for this cycle! I'm from South Jersey, can anyone give me an idea about the area around St. John Fisher? and the curriculum, or just overall about the school? Thank you!

Hey I interviewed Nov14th and was wondering if anyone has heard yet, and what someone might think my chances are like.

GPAs 3.16
GPAc 3.33
PCAT 76

BA in Psychology with focus on Neuro, but took Biochem and a lot of hard science courses.

Did Americorp service for a year..
Think I did ok in the interview.

I'll post any updates to help you guys see where that gets me..

Hey I interviewed Nov14th and was wondering if anyone has heard yet, and what someone might think my chances are like.

GPAs 3.16
GPAc 3.33
PCAT 76

BA in Psychology with focus on Neuro, but took Biochem and a lot of hard science courses.

Did Americorp service for a year..
Think I did ok in the interview.

I'll post any updates to help you guys see where that gets me..

At this point if you received and interview, I don't think your stats matter as much, as long as you did well in the interview you should be fine!

Hey EPHAM, I liked the school when I visited it's defiantly my top choice. Everyone is really nice, beautiful area, and friends of mine said everyone loves Fisher. You can see their curriculum and electives on their web page some are pretty interesting. If you have any other questions about my campus tour please feel free to ask! :)

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea about the interview review and how it works? I did well on 2 I think but the 3rd was so-so. And thanks pharmisee!! I think I will sleep a little better tn :p

Ok sorry for post 3... Just got my email telling me I got accepted!!! Feel free to ask questions!

Also It looks like each year has a fb page? Anyone make one yet because I would be happy to!

Congrats on your acceptance cmack! I was wondering if you had pharmacy experience? I do not and I am a bit worried as to how that will affect my chances.

Congrats on your acceptance cmack! I was wondering if you had pharmacy experience? I do not and I am a bit worried as to how that will affect my chances.

I did about 6 years ago in hs in a CVS. You should at least shadow a pharmacist for a decent amount if hours. This will show you if it's really right for you and also give you talking points for your interview. Go out and shadow people in different settings to.

Ok sorry for post 3... Just got my email telling me I got accepted!!! Feel free to ask questions!

Also It looks like each year has a fb page? Anyone make one yet because I would be happy to!

Congrats cmack27 lol that was fast!

Congratssss!!! :) I've submitted my application on 10/16 and still have not heard back from them. Didn't even get an email to make an account. How long did it take for you guys to receive an email to make an account after submitting your application? Thanks in advance!

Has anyone else heard back who interviewed on the 14th?

Congratssss!!! :) I've submitted my application on 10/16 and still have not heard back from them. Didn't even get an email to make an account. How long did it take for you guys to receive an email to make an account after submitting your application? Thanks in advance!

Give them a call I submitted mine around then to. I emailed them to ask about it and got one like the next day.

Did u interview with the 945 group to? I think they said letters get mailed out Monday.
I interviewed at 8:15. I'm nervous because I have not received an email. I wonder if they are letting the people who got in know via email?

I interviewed at 8:15. I'm nervous because I have not received an email. I wonder if they are letting the people who got in know via email?

I wouldn't worry too much from what I've gathered from other forums in past years some admit students got calls, some emails, some just the letter. Not sure why but depending where you live I'd say you will probably know by Wed.

I wouldn't worry too much from what I've gathered from other forums in past years some admit students got calls, some emails, some just the letter. Not sure why but depending where you live I'd say you will probably know by Wed.
Thanks! I thought my interview went well, but I am definitely concerned about my lack of pharmacy experience. We will see.. the waiting to hear about a decision is stressful :)

Thanks! I thought my interview went well, but I am definitely concerned about my lack of pharmacy experience. We will see.. the waiting to hear about a decision is stressful :)

Lol ya drove me nuts for awhile. Honestly lack of exp after you got an interview probably isn't a big deal as long as you conveyed you knew about the job and answered the questions in the interview well.

Give them a call I submitted mine around then to. I emailed them to ask about it and got one like the next day.

Thanks! Did they email you to make an account the next day? Or an email for an interview? Thanks for your response! :)

Thanks! Did they email you to make an account the next day? Or an email for an interview? Thanks for your response! :)

Umm I think they emailed me saying to call them to schedule an interview and there was a account link with it.

Umm I think they emailed me saying to call them to schedule an interview and there was a account link with it.

Thanks! I will call them tomorrow morning, and congrats on your acceptance! :)

I also interviewed on the 14th, but no response yet. It's nice to have people to talk to that are going through the same stressful wait that I am though, lol. Fingers crossed!!!

Just got the call...I'm in! Woohoo!!!:) Happy guy today!

Reactions: 1 users
Awesome congrats guys :)!!! Anyone interested in starting a fb group? We need to be friends with at least one person to do so. Idk seems like a good way to get connected and share information later on...

Awesome congrats guys :)!!! Anyone interested in starting a fb group? We need to be friends with at least one person to do so. Idk seems like a good way to get connected and share information later on...
Yeah that would be great! Do you want me to request you as a friend?

Just got the call! excited to begin a new chapter in my life with all you other accepted applicants!
Is that the official FB group?

No, well I mean it could be. 10 ppl are linked into it so far. Send me a friend request if you want.

Connor Mack

And congrats to! It's good to start getting to know who I'm gonna be with the next few years lol