St. Vincent's in Conn Rotations any good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gear2d

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I will going there sometime soon, and wanted to know how good is the hospital. Looking to see if anyone recently (or has heard of anyone) doing rotations there and what they think of it. And how is the area the hospital?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I will going there sometime soon, and wanted to know how good is the hospital. Looking to see if anyone recently (or has heard of anyone) doing rotations there and what they think of it. And how is the area the hospital?

I interviewed at St. Vincent's for their TY program and from my limited exposure it seemed like a great learning environment. The categorical residents and TY's were a happy bunch and very friendly. The attendings were nice and seemed invested in teaching. From what they told me at the interview, the hospital will actually be the main or affiliate hospital for a new medical school (Quinnipiac). Bridgeport/Stratford isn't the nicest area compared to the other nearby CT cities. I'm not sure where the med students that were rotating there from other schools (Carribs? DO?) stayed, however the residents are provided with subsidized housing right next to the hospital. The cost of housing is actually high because of the nearby affluent areas. I really like the program/hospital, although it was the fact that they have a very cush schedule for the TYs probably was a factor.