Stalled

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Georgey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like the application process has come to a screeching halt. I have not received a secondary (I still have 7 non-Texas schools pending), interview (10 non-Texas schools have my "completed" application and only one has responded with an interview), email notice, etc. from anyone in the last three weeks. My AMCAS submitted on 6/25 still has not been touched. I'm starting to wonder if the struggling economy has created kick backs in med school admissions offices as well as the rest of the job market. At this point, I would almost welcome a rejection letter just so that I know admissions offices are aware that I'm alive. Not to mention, I also have it lurking in the back of my mind that some of the schools that still haven't recieved my AMCAS app are going to be sending out acceptance letters in only seven weeks (10/15). This is just really really sad.

Members don't see this ad.

Dude!

Don't you have several interviews already??? You are waaayyy ahead of most of us, so relax.

I only have one interview from a non-Texas school (Tulane). I have interviews at UT-Houston and UT-Galveston. I also have one at Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine but I haven't mentioned that here since no one would be interested. I'm just concerned because I really have focused my attention on the east coast schools because that is where I have mostly lived for the last four years and that's were I want to go for med school. The reception from the Texas schools has been nice but those schools are not really at the top of my list (except Baylor and UT-Dallas). Mostly, I feel like I put a lot of money and effort into all this, just as everyone else here I'm sure has, and very little is happening as result of it. Most threads I have read seem to indicate that a lot is happening at least on the secondary front. It makes me think where the hell my AMCAS info is going. I just need to vent a little.

Members don't see this ad :)
Georgey:
My application (submitted 6/28) hasn't been touched either. I called AMCAS today and spoke to a guy who was really helpful regarding my situation. He said that since it was almost 8 weeks since I had submitted, he would print out my info and give it directly to the verification people to process it immediately. He might of been blowing smoke up my a** but you never know. You might want to give them a call and ask about your app.

Thanks, DJ. I'll phone in my complaint manana.

Honestly I dont think anybody is worse off for not getting processed at this point.

Even though my app has been completely verified and processed for over a month now, its not like AMCAS is ONLY sending out peoples apps who have been verified.

So for right now you are right on par with everybody else. Now, come late October and November when the first round of acceptances go out and if your app is STILL not processed, then I would be worried.

I say this because no AMCAS school will give you an acceptance until your app has been fully verified and processed. Therefore, people like me might be at an advantage at that time because our apps are done with.

But for right now, I dont think you are any worse off than I am. The med schools are offering interviews regardless if they have your unverified or verified AMCAS app, so at this stage just because your app is unverified doesnt really mean anything.

Only when the med schools start giving out acceptances will the verified applicants be at an advantage compared to nonverified.