Program-Specific Info / Q's Stanbridge MSOT 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vgreenlee

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Admissions to Stanbridge’s MSOT 2020 cohort!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I received a call last night saying I was accepted into the program. I secured my spot, but I am still waiting to hear from other schools. Wanted to make a page where we can all connect!

Hi everyone! I received a call last night saying I was accepted into the program. I secured my spot, but I am still waiting to hear from other schools. Wanted to make a page where we can all connect!
I was accepted as well! Do you know if they require a deposit? I have other acceptances so I am not sure I want to accept.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

For those who accepted, may I ask what made you choose Stanbridge over other schools?

I was accepted as well! Do you know if they require a deposit? I have other acceptances so I am not sure I want to accept.
I believe they didn't ask for my deposit until May as the program start date neared.

For those who accepted, may I ask what made you choose Stanbridge over other schools?

I was accepted to two schools out of five; LLU and Stanbridge University. I only applied to OT programs in California. I considered the cost of the programs, living expenses, and location, as they were important priorities to me and may differ from yours. My life stage is also different: I am out of my 20s and engaged to a medical resident whose housing location takes precedence over mine.

I ended up choosing Stanbridge because the program allowed me to continue my part-time job (classes 2-3 times/ week), commute from home instead of moving out, and Irvine is a great place to explore for food and fun.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted to two schools out of five; LLU and Stanbridge University. I only applied to OT programs in California. I considered the cost of the programs, living expenses, and location, as they were important priorities to me and may differ from yours. My life stage is also different: I am out of my 20s and engaged to a medical resident whose housing location takes precedence over mine.

I ended up choosing Stanbridge because the program allowed me to continue my part-time job (classes 2-3 times/ week), commute from home instead of moving out, and Irvine is a great place to explore for food and fun.

Thank you for the insight. I appreciate it.

Yay got a call from Stanbridge today! My interview is on 2/7/19 at 10 am. Anyone else have this date? :)

@vgreenlee I wanted to ask for the interview was there a writing sample we had to do?

Yay got a call from Stanbridge today! My interview is on 2/7/19 at 10 am. Anyone else have this date? :)
Good Luck! Their interview process was not what I was expecting. You will be in a group with 2 other people. They had 3 boxes and you pulled a question out of each box. There were also 2 group activities and then a writing portion. Good luck :)

To those who have been accepted and will be interviewing - when did you apply and would it be possible for you to post your stats? Thank you in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have been accepted and will be interviewing - when did you apply and would it be possible for you to post your stats? Thank you in advance! :)

I applied in late October, interviewed on December 6th and got my acceptance a week later!

GPA: 3.9
Pre req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 151 v 146 Q 4.5 W
Shadowing: 43 hours in kenya working under OT focused on cerebral palsy. 40 hours in facility focused on behavioral/psych OT

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I applied in late October, interviewed on December 6th and got my acceptance a week later!

GPA: 3.9
Pre req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 151 v 146 Q 4.5 W
Shadowing: 43 hours in kenya working under OT focused on cerebral palsy. 40 hours in facility focused on behavioral/psych OT

Sure!

University: UC Irvine
Major: Public Health Sciences
Minor: Accounting
Overall GPA: 3.38 (according to OTCAS this is including Post Bac.)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.71-3.80 Depending on School
GRE: V: 155 Q: 149 W: 4 (Not my strong suit)

Volunteer Hours
-80 Research Lab (Shadowing OT)
-100 Neurofeedback Tech (During Undergrad Practicum)
-121 Pediatric Clinic
-25 Animal Assisted Therapy
-112 Hand Therapy Clinic

I've been accepted too! How likely is it that you'll be attended Stanbridge?

I've been accepted too! How likely is it that you'll be attended Stanbridge?

I am waiting to hear back from other schools, but if I get into a cheaper school I will go there over Stanbridge. Wbu?

I am waiting to hear back from other schools, but if I get into a cheaper school I will go there over Stanbridge. Wbu?

Is cost your only determining factor? I'm waiting to hear back from other schools as well, but do have one other acceptance in upstate NY. It's definitely much cheaper up there, but I'm worried about the opportunities there (outside of the classroom and not necessarily for fieldwork) vs. in SoCal

Is cost your only determining factor? I'm waiting to hear back from other schools as well, but do have one other acceptance in upstate NY. It's definitely much cheaper up there, but I'm worried about the opportunities there (outside of the classroom and not necessarily for fieldwork) vs. in SoCal

Yes cost is my biggest determining factor. OT is such a growing field I know what I will be able to get a job anywhere (I do want to end up in California). A lot of advice I have received from graduates is that it doesn’t matter where you get your degree from. I applied to only schools in the LA area (or Irvine) and Chicago! I’m from Ohio, so I was trying to make sure I would go to grad school somewhere I would want to live. But now that I am factoring in cost of living and such, I think I will go to the cheapest school.

Hi everyone! I am currently waitlisted at Stanbridge, I honestly could have been accepted but I completely bombed one question during the interview because I was so nervous. I am really hoping that I make it in! I was accepted to another school but I hope Stanbridge accepts me before my classes start.

Hi guys! If the deadline is closing in June, how come so many applicants have already been accepted?

Hi everyone! I am currently waitlisted at Stanbridge, I honestly could have been accepted but I completely bombed one question during the interview because I was so nervous. I am really hoping that I make it in! I was accepted to another school but I hope Stanbridge accepts me before my classes start.

When do your classes start? I should be hearing from another school today, so if I get accepted I will give up my spot!

hello! I was wondering if you can share when you applied and your stats? I’m sorry to hear about being waitlisted but I am rooting for you in being accepted :)

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has thought about where they will live if they attend Stanbridge?

Hi guys! If the deadline is closing in June, how come so many applicants have already been accepted?

I think they've increased the class size so close to 100 students enter a year. Based on the stats on their website, 96 students who were a part of the graduating class of 2019 entered.

They also don't require a deposit, so some students might just be accepting the spot without the real intention of attending.

When do your classes start? I should be hearing from another school today, so if I get accepted I will give up my spot!

Class started July 27th and orientation takes place the week before!

The school I was accepted to would be starting in May, so I am really hoping to hear back from other schools before that time. I was accepted to St. Augustines in San Marcos but I would prefer to live in Irvine or LA.

hello! I was wondering if you can share when you applied and your stats? I’m sorry to hear about being waitlisted but I am rooting for you in being accepted :)
I applied around November I believe, my GPA was a 3.35 and a 3.6 for my prerequisites. GRE score: Writing: 4.5 Quant: 153 Verbal: 151
Observation/work: 200+ hours at Pediatic Clinics, 400+ hours working at a Skilled nursing facility as a rehab tech

I think they've increased the class size so close to 100 students enter a year. Based on the stats on their website, 96 students who were a part of the graduating class of 2019 entered.

They also don't require a deposit, so some students might just be accepting the spot without the real intention of attending.

I am not sure about this class size number. My current cohort and the one before us is 64. I'll need to check this with the school for the actual numbers.

I am not sure about this class size number. My current cohort and the one before us is 64. I'll need to check this with the school for the actual numbers.
I apologize in advance if I gave any wrong info. Only posted what I found on their website :)

I was wondering if anyone knows the courses we will be taking? Most websites have the course sequence listed but Stanbridge does not

Did anyone go to the information session?

For those accepted do you receive an email or phone call? I heard today after my interview my admin rep said that within a week (depending on how busy they are) we will know if we are waitlisted or accepted, but not rejected.

For those accepted do you receive an email or phone call? I heard today after my interview my admin rep said that within a week (depending on how busy they are) we will know if we are waitlisted or accepted, but not rejected.

I received a call and then an email :) good luck!

Hi everyone! What questions would you ask the interviewer that are not things you can find on their website such as NBCOT passing rates or student support services?

Hi guys! How long after you submitted your OTCAS did you hear from Stanbridge?

Hi guys! How long after you submitted your OTCAS did you hear from Stanbridge?
I heard in November by way of phone call. Interviewed Jan 10 and have not heard anything yet. I interviewed at St Augustine, San Marcos on Jan 21 and got accepted a week later by email. St Augustine is my 1st choice, so I reserved my seat. If I end up accepted by Stanbridge, I will be declining that seat. I also confirmed Stanbridge does not require deposit.

Hi everyone! What questions would you ask the interviewer that are not things you can find on their website such as NBCOT passing rates or student support services?
I asked about Fieldwork locations, how soon we can join community outreach programs, if there was a gym or extracurricular clubs, and parking etc. I also asked a lot of questions during tour because it was only 2 of us and one Admin.

The school I was accepted to would be starting in May, so I am really hoping to hear back from other schools before that time. I was accepted to St. Augustines in San Marcos but I would prefer to live in Irvine or LA.
I accepted my spot at St Augustine, San Marcos. If I get into Stanbridge, I will be declining that seat. Best of luck!

I was wondering if anyone knows the courses we will be taking? Most websites have the course sequence listed but Stanbridge does not
i went to an info sesh last year and they don't post course info because it is subject to change. I do know fieldwork is spread out to follow didactic courses. You do 1 week ea Terms 2-4 for Level 1; then 12 weeks in Terms 5 and 7 for Level 2. In my interview, they mentioned all Fieldwork is in California. St Augustine, for example, had options all over US for Level 1 and International opportunities available in Level 2.
Also, I noticed tuition went up 10K in 1 year at Stanbridge!

I heard in November by way of phone call. Interviewed Jan 10 and have not heard anything yet. I interviewed at St Augustine, San Marcos on Jan 21 and got accepted a week later by email. St Augustine is my 1st choice, so I reserved my seat. If I end up accepted by Stanbridge, I will be declining that seat. I also confirmed Stanbridge does not require deposit.
Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your OTCAS application? I recently submitted my application but haven't heard anything... I am considering giving them a call to see if it has been received or attend their upcoming info session and talk to someone there regarding my application.

Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your OTCAS application? I recently submitted my application but haven't heard anything... I am considering giving them a call to see if it has been received or attend their upcoming info session and talk to someone there regarding my application.
I submitted my OTCAS in July. A follow up email and phone call won't hurt. And if you still need more info, definitely go to info sesh. They often assign you a rep at info sesh.

I submitted my app in late October and heard from my admission rep on 1/10/19. They had a question regarding to my stats class so I had to request for a waiver (otherwise I think they would have contacted me sooner). My interview was on 2/7/19 and they told me I should be able to hear back from them within this week.

Regardless though, I am pretty sure I will decline my spot if accepted or on waitlist. As reasons CAOT2020 has mentioned, I think St. Augustine was a better fit for me. Though I am still waiting for a couple of schools, I am really happy with St. Augustine. :)

I submitted my app in late October and heard from my admission rep on 1/10/19. They had a question regarding to my stats class so I had to request for a waiver (otherwise I think they would have contacted me sooner). My interview was on 2/7/19 and they told me I should be able to hear back from them within this week.

Regardless though, I am pretty sure I will decline my spot if accepted or on waitlist. As reasons CAOT2020 has mentioned, I think St. Augustine was a better fit for me. Though I am still waiting for a couple of schools, I am really happy with St. Augustine. :)
Keep us posted. Maybe we will be in same cohort for St Augustine, Fall 2020! :)

Keep us posted. Maybe we will be in same cohort for St Augustine, Fall 2020! :)

I applied to Summer 2020. Unless the other schools don't reply by April, I'll most likely try to defer to Fall 2020. So we'll see. :) But yes I'll update you! :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me!

Anyone here go to their info session after submitting your OTCAS?

I did. I personally didn't like Stanbridge after attending their info session. The school just looked to sketchy for me and I didn't want to invest a lot of money towards a school that wasn't organized. They did call me to schedule an interview a week or two after but I declined it.

I did. I personally didn't like Stanbridge after attending their info session. The school just looked to sketchy for me and I didn't want to invest a lot of money towards a school that wasn't organized. They did call me to schedule an interview a week or two after but I declined it.

Thank you for the insight. Did you meet with a rep after the info session?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk