Program-Specific Info / Q's Stanbridge MSOT 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTMO

Reaction score
Hi all! I just wanted to hear from others who have applied/ are considering attending Stanbridge MSOT in Irvine!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I just wanted to hear from others who have applied/ are considering attending Stanbridge MSOT in Irvine!
Hey! I got a call for an interview the day my app got verified! Have an interview on Dec. 11th and already feeling nervous.

Hey! I got a call for an interview the day my app got verified! Have an interview on Dec. 11th and already feeling nervous.
Hi! I interviewed with them already and a little over a week later I got an acceptance call! I wish you the best on your interview but for now you have plenty time to prepare. I don't know if they told you, but it will be a group interview. There was 3 candidates and 2 interviewers for me. Let me know if you have anymore questions about it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I interviewed with them already and a little over a week later I got an acceptance call! I wish you the best on your interview but for now you have plenty time to prepare. I don't know if they told you, but it will be a group interview. There was 3 candidates and 2 interviewers for me. Let me know if you have anymore questions about it!
I’ve heard that it’s a group interview! If you don’t mind me asking, how was it? Should I prepare for the usual OT school questions?

I’ve heard that it’s a group interview! If you don’t mind me asking, how was it? Should I prepare for the usual OT school questions?
So they ask each individual 3 rounds of questions all different from each other. Then there is a group activity portion in which you all have to plan an event together.
As for preparation, that is what I did. I just looked online for typical OT questions and although some questions asked were unexpected, practicing everything I could helped boost my confidence going in!

So they ask each individual 3 rounds of questions all different from each other. Then there is a group activity portion in which you all have to plan an event together.
As for preparation, that is what I did. I just looked online for typical OT questions and although some questions asked were unexpected, practicing everything I could helped boost my confidence going in!
I would also add to have questions ready for the interviewers as well. That'll show how you are proactive, engaging and interested in the program.

I.e. What makes your program stand out? How are the fieldwork opportunities, can you give us insight on how it will be?

Reactions: 1 users
I would also add to have questions ready for the interviewers as well. That'll show how you are proactive, engaging and interested in the program.

I.e. What makes your program stand out? How are the fieldwork opportunities, can you give us insight on how it will be?
Yes! I asked about campus culture & also it’s always good to know who your interviewers are and their position at the school to know where their pov is coming from.

Yes! I asked about campus culture & also it’s always good to know who your interviewers are and their position at the school to know where their pov is coming from.
Thanks both of you for your insight!

I have an interview as well, and it was group! Be charismatic and know your stuff. Try to think of something that makes you stand out.

Hey OTMO! I'm from the CSUDH forum you're a part of too! Nice to see you here!

I got an interview with Stanbridge on December 10th! It's definitely one of my choices for OT school so I'm super nervous. Congratulations on getting in! Any advice regarding the interview portion?

I got an interview with Stanbridge on December 10th! It's definitely one of my choices for OT school so I'm super nervous. Congratulations on getting in! Any advice regarding the interview portion?
HI! Make sure you participate and lead in the group portion of the interview as well as prepare a couple days before for potential questions like " How will you succeed and keep 3.0 GPA?, Why you want to be an OT? What makes a great OT? Are you more of a leader or listener?" etc. Each candidate gets 3 questions each, all different from the last which allows you to have room to stand out all while being original and not answering same questions. Lastly, we followed directions to an origami piece and then had to answer a questions about it in the end, that part was fun lol. Best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 user

Hi, I have an interview that day as well! What time is yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
HI! Make sure you participate and lead in the group portion of the interview as well as prepare a couple days before for potential questions like " How will you succeed and keep 3.0 GPA?, Why you want to be an OT? What makes a great OT? Are you more of a leader or listener?" etc. Each candidate gets 3 questions each, all different from the last which allows you to have room to stand out all while being original and not answering same questions. Lastly, we followed directions to an origami piece and then had to answer a questions about it in the end, that part was fun lol. Best of luck!!
Thank you for all your advice and pointers! I appreciate it!

Hey all, I accepted my seat to Stanbridge (Irvine campus) and plan on attending next July! Please feel free to let us know via this thread if/when you decide to go to Stanbridge. I hope to hear from others as decisions are made !! best luck!

Hello all!! I just accepted my seat for this upcoming year. I got my acceptance call exactly 1 week from my interview :) Good luck to everyone!

Hello all!! I just accepted my seat for this upcoming year. I got my acceptance call exactly 1 week from my interview :) Good luck to everyone!
That's great news! Congratulations to you!!! :giggle:

Wooo! So glad to hear that! We should start a group chat soon with our incoming cohort!

Hi everyone! I just got a call this morning saying that I've been accepted! :eek: I'm just waiting on the email to be sent out this week and I will accept my seat! Good luck to everyone else waiting!

• Love
Does anyone know if the acceptance decision will be emailed only or will they send a mailed letter too?

Does anyone know if the acceptance decision will be emailed only or will they send a mailed letter too?
Happy for you!!! Congrats!! I only got a call and email, no mailed letter sadly. I would have loved a letter too but honestly the call was very exciting too.

• Care
Happy for you!!! Congrats!! I only got a call and email, no mailed letter sadly. I would have loved a letter too but honestly the call was very exciting too.
Thank you so much!!! I cannot wait to meet the 12th cohort!!! 🤗 Yeah I got a call and then an email a few days later with the acceptance letter attached. The call was so nice though! Caught me off guard!

Thank you so much!!! I cannot wait to meet the 12th cohort!!! 🤗 Yeah I got a call and then an email a few days later with the acceptance letter attached. The call was so nice though! Caught me off guard!
What exactly is our next step now that we’ve accepted our seat🤔 I remember them saying they’ll contact me in Jan or Feb so maybe I’ll just wait for that but can’t help but feel like I need to do something lol!

What exactly is our next step now that we’ve accepted our seat🤔 I remember them saying they’ll contact me in Jan or Feb so maybe I’ll just wait for that but can’t help but feel like I need to do something lol!
I feel you! I feel like I need to do something too!
I called Dorie the day I accepted my seat this week and she said that I didn't need to do anything for now until she calls back at the end of January, I believe, to go over deadlines and other important dates. Then in February, we need to get started gathering things for our academic file like a background check, financial aid, etc. But Dorie told there's nothing to do for now. If you have any questions or need clarifications, I would email or call her! The number and extension are on the acceptance letter attached to the email where they informed you of your acceptance! I would email her first and then she will call you from the number!

I feel you! I feel like I need to do something too!
I called Dorie the day I accepted my seat this week and she said that I didn't need to do anything for now until she calls back at the end of January, I believe, to go over deadlines and other important dates. Then in February, we need to get started gathering things for our academic file like a background check, financial aid, etc. But Dorie told there's nothing to do for now. If you have any questions or need clarifications, I would email or call her! The number and extension are on the acceptance letter attached to the email where they informed you of your acceptance! I would email her first and then she will call you from the number!
Thanks so much! Glad I’m not the only one feeling that way, I’ll def look out for her calm then at the end of the month but if I don’t hear back I’ll reach out to her!

To anyone that got accepted and is planning to go to Stanbridge in Irvine, I created a GroupMe for Cohort 12! When orientation happens in July, I'll mention the GroupMe chat to the rest of the cohort so they can join! :D

Stanbridge University Irvine MSOT Cohort 12

Last edited:
What’s good everybody! Is there anyone on here that applied to the Riverside MSOT program? Or if there’s another thread lol I just got accepted today! Hopefully the Riverside and Irvine programs get to meet each other as well.

• Love
What’s good everybody! Is there anyone on here that applied to the Riverside MSOT program? Or if there’s another thread lol I just got accepted today! Hopefully the Riverside and Irvine programs get to meet each other as well.
Hey there! Congratulations!!! That's awesome! I know that @smileylikeme got accepted there to the Riverside location! You can message them. I met them on another forum for Loma Linda's OT program and she mentioned. I don't think there's another thread for Riverside, but you can create a forum and people will start finding it eventually! I would love for both cohorts to meet!!!

Hi!! I just recently got accepted to Stanbridge University MSOT at Riverside as well! Congratulations too!! I'd like to meet anyone else who got into the MSOT at Riverside :)