Standard mid-cycle silence panic post

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riolustan

Reaction score
lol not to add to this string of similar posts, but I've somehow made it thus far with 3 MD IIs (which I'm very excited about / think the interviews went okay!) but also have not heard from,,,, the other 23 MD schools I applied to. No rejections no updates, just silence. am I sunk at those schools? I know most IIs have probably been sent, but is it possible that it's just an odd stroke of randomness/unluckiness that I haven't heard anything from anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

We're getting to the point in medical admissions where we have way more qualified people than we can possibly admit. Basically every app I review is like "Yeah, I'd admit this person, but our class is already filling up so we'll see if they make it....."

Congrats on your three interviews, that's amazing. Please don't consider yourself a failure if you don't get more than that. It's just so competitive these days that it's ridiculous. Do the best you can, and then wash your hands of it and try to have some fun.

I can't comment on the rate at which interviews go out. Just trying to tell you that you aren't alone or worthless.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
lol not to add to this string of similar posts, but I've somehow made it thus far with 3 MD IIs (which I'm very excited about / think the interviews went okay!) but also have not heard from,,,, the other 23 MD schools I applied to. No rejections no updates, just silence. am I sunk at those schools? I know most IIs have probably been sent, but is it possible that it's just an odd stroke of randomness/unluckiness that I haven't heard anything from anyone?
Congrats on the 3 IIs. Most schools don't stop sending out interview invitations until February. A few stop in January and a few in March. It's way too early to give up hope for this cycle or even panic about being "sunk."

Have patience, enjoy the holidays, and do something you love to do while waiting to hear from the schools.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations. You’ve had three interviews. Hopefully at least one will turn into an acceptance. There are thousands of applicants with no interviews.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users