Standardized test taking skills

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SamanthaRae667

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a professor who told me the MCAT is a game and that basically you just need to learn to play it. Because it is a standardized test, I should improve my test taking skills. He said in order to do this, I should start doing a set of questions every night for a half hour or so and time myself. He said by the end of the school semester I should be faster and more efficient. I take the MCAT spring 2013 so I'm not actually studying for the MCAT hard core, but practicing my testing skills. Do you all feel this is a good way to practice my test skills? Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

The MCAT is a game, and you need to learn how to play it effectively. You can see this by the score increases for some students, of retaking and getting 6-10 points higher.

I wouldn't worry about this now. Taking the MCAT in 2 years is a long time away, and concerning yourself with it now is a waste of time IMO.

Come back in a year and a half or so, and follow SN2d's MCAT study guide. It's about 3 months long and assuming you know the content will score good enough to get into medical school when you take the MCAT.