• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Standardized test taking skills

SamanthaRae667

5+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2011
  1. Medical Student
    Hello Everyone,

I have a professor who told me the MCAT is a game and that basically you just need to learn to play it. Because it is a standardized test, I should improve my test taking skills. He said in order to do this, I should start doing a set of questions every night for a half hour or so and time myself. He said by the end of the school semester I should be faster and more efficient. I take the MCAT spring 2013 so I'm not actually studying for the MCAT hard core, but practicing my testing skills. Do you all feel this is a good way to practice my test skills? Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

mitchlucker

May 22, 2010
    1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
      The MCAT is a game, and you need to learn how to play it effectively. You can see this by the score increases for some students, of retaking and getting 6-10 points higher.

I wouldn't worry about this now. Taking the MCAT in 2 years is a long time away, and concerning yourself with it now is a waste of time IMO.

Come back in a year and a half or so, and follow SN2d's MCAT study guide. It's about 3 months long and assuming you know the content will score good enough to get into medical school when you take the MCAT.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.