Stanford 2nd Look

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pikayou

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, is anyone else planning on going to the Stanford 2nd Look at the end of April? On a related note, has anyone decided on going to Stanford?

Members don't see this ad.

I think ill be there. have you found housing, or are you going to do on campus. Where are you from? NY is going to be a treck for me.

I will be there, and I'm pretty much decided that I will be attending in the fall. I did my undergrad at Stanford, so I'm happy to try and answer any questions anybody has about the area, housing, the campus, etc. Looking forward to seeing everyone there! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys!
i am probably going to be at stanford this coming fall....waiting on yale but leaning towards stanford even if i got into yale. have we been mailed any info on the 2nd look yet?

look forward to seeing you all in april

what's the best place to live on campus. And how are oak creek, seven oaks, sharon green, and stanford west. Is it best to do the near campus or on. Price is not an issue i want the best!! P/F is going to be a killer and i need to live in style to get over the tuff times. +pity+

Originally posted by loomis
have we been mailed any info on the 2nd look yet?
I got a brief letter on Preview Weekend from Albert Chevez (associate director of admissions) along with a form to send back regarding transportation/accomodation needs. I think the contact person for the weekend is Jonnie Perez, who can be reached at [email protected]

Originally posted by raven
what's the best place to live on campus. And how are oak creek, seven oaks, sharon green, and stanford west. Is it best to do the near campus or on. Price is not an issue i want the best!! P/F is going to be a killer and i need to live in style to get over the tuff times.
LOL, yeah, P/F makes for a supercompetitive environment. Anyway, the best grad housing on campus is probably Schwab, but virtually all the slots there go to GSB (business school) students. Otherwise, the studios at Escondido Village (EV) are purportedly pretty nice. Beyond that, Rains, Lyman and the EV 2/3 bedroom apts. are similar, multiple-person housing options. You definitely don't want to go to Crothers (unless you're big on the dorm scene, i.e., communal bathrooms and no kitchen). As for the near campus apts., they're great. Sharon Green is really nice (they've got a nice hot tub...how's that for livin' in style).

Personally, I'd prefer living on campus, just because it's convenient, and parking is a hassle if you're commuting to campus everyday. Also 'cause I'm po' and I'm gonna scrimp where I can. :D

Hi guys, I won't be going to Stanford for med school (prob. NYC for me) but I did go there for grad school. I lived in Rains. It was nice. The apartments were small but comfortable. (2 bedroom, 1 bath with a livingroom and small kitchen.) They're beautiful courtyard buildings with common lounge buildings and volleyball sand pits.

i am definitely going to second look weekend to decide whether stanford med or harvard med is a better fit for me. i would like to live off campus, so i am hoping to connect with others at 2nd look to see if that will work out. i personally really like stanford west, but it is a bit pricey...

I'm definitely attending Stanford in the fall, and I plan to attend the second look weekend, too. Looking forward to meeting y'all. :)

Btw, I also did my undergraduate work at Stanford, and still live in the area (my husband is a PhD student at Stanford) ... we lived in (couples) grad student housing last year, and this year we live off campus. I totally recommend looking for an off-campus place. Our apartment is bigger than the campus housing and we have a small yard. The price (at least for the time being - definitely not true a couple years ago) is comparable to what we paid on campus. We're close enough to bike to campus in <10 minutes. But if you're dead-set on living on campus, Stanford West is gorgeous, and close to the SOM. And I lived in Sharon Green a couple of years ago, and that was incredible! What kind of apartment complex serves breakfast everyday??