Stanford and August MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mistress S

Don't mess with the S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT this month, although I marked that I wouldn't be on my AMCAS. The next day, I e-mailed all the schools I applied at to let them know I re-took the test. Today, I got this e-mail from Stanford:

"We will not be waiting for your MCAT scores from Aug. 2004. Your application will be evaluated using the information that was submitted this summer.

Regards.

Stanford MD Admissions"

I already received the invitation to complete their secondary (not a big deal, since I hear they're not screening this year), but I don't think I have a good shot at an interview/acceptance with my current MCAT score (29Q with a 7 in PS). The secondary isn't due until December, so I'm thinking about waiting to submit it until my MCAT scores are in so they willl have to wait to evaluate me when they have those. Does this seem like a good idea, or is October to long to wait to submit the secondary? Every other school has said they will wait to get my new scores to evaluate my app, so I'm confused as to why Stanford doesn't want to do this.

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like a valid arguement. You're right that a 7 wouldn't give you much of a shot, might as well give yourself better chances and wait.

Mistress S said:
I took the MCAT this month, although I marked that I wouldn't be on my AMCAS. The next day, I e-mailed all the schools I applied at to let them know I re-took the test. Today, I got this e-mail from Stanford:

"We will not be waiting for your MCAT scores from Aug. 2004. Your application will be evaluated using the information that was submitted this summer.

Regards.

Stanford MD Admissions"

I already received the invitation to complete their secondary (not a big deal, since I hear they're not screening this year), but I don't think I have a good shot at an interview/acceptance with my current MCAT score (29Q with a 7 in PS). The secondary isn't due until December, so I'm thinking about waiting to submit it until my MCAT scores are in so they willl have to wait to evaluate me when they have those. Does this seem like a good idea, or is October to long to wait to submit the secondary? Every other school has said they will wait to get my new scores to evaluate my app, so I'm confused as to why Stanford doesn't want to do this.

it's prolly cause you indicated you wouldn't retake the test. If thats not the case with them, then don't submit till late october. i'll prolly do the same thing since i got a low verbal score first time around.