Stanford closer to SFO or SJC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhopeful08

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Stanford campus is closer to SFO or San Jose Airport?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

SFO...CalTrain+BART can take you right to the campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
they're both about the same distance...most local people take sjc, people from further out take sfo. sjc has a shuttle that takes you straight to the caltrain station. hope this helps.

one more thing. if you take the caltrain to the stanford/palo alto station...take stanford's free bus shuttle to get to campus. it's called the marguerite.

When I attended Stanford, I preferred flying in and out of SJC. It was much easier. But I did have a car...

thanks everyone for the responses.

on a related note, does stanford offer student hosting? if not, where did y'all stay?

Yeah, we have student housing. Just email the admissions folks and they can give you the list of everyone that's offered to host students.

There's also the SLAC guest house, which is pretty close, and nice, I hear. Hotels in PA are generally fairly expensive, I hear.

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/hds/SLAC/index.html

graham

PS--tried to send you a PM, medhopeful, but your box is full!

I have been to Stanford a few times to compete in track and each time our team flew to San Jose. I believe San Jose is a little faster and the traffic seemed to be a little less then when we drove from San Fransisco to Stanford. San Jose is usually cheaper to fly into than San Fransisco is.