stanford or cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smile82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
which one would you guys rather go to? i'm debating whether i should go to my cornell interview when i have a stanford acceptance to cut down on costs/time off from work? any advice would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

This is a no-brainer--drop your interview and go to Stanford.

Members don't see this ad :)
New York Preb probably beats down whatever hospital stanford has. Check out Cornell.

MWillie said:
New York Preb probably beats down whatever hospital stanford has. Check out Cornell.

STANFORD!!!!!!
Its such an AMAZING SCHOOOOOOOOL!

I'd attend Cornell, only because its closer to me.

dunno much about the schools, but location wise, NYC is the best place on earth

My advice is that if you aren't 100% sure you're going to Stanford no matter what, then go to Cornell. You never know, it just might end up being your favorite school.

trying will never hurt for this particular case. especially when the final decision will result having you be in one location for four additional years, and then some.

check out cornell and see if you like. a few extra hundred dollars and few extra hours to check out a school definitely puts any future regrets and headaches to rest. but even with that, stanford is great place to be.

congratulations on stanford and hopefully you will make the right decision to take or drop the invite!

I have been accepted at both places, but I am definitely going to :love: Stanford. This is more a personal decision, rather than one based on ranks/location/program offerings/curriculum, etc...

However, I urge you to check it out. You may or may not change your mind...but how would you know if you don't try it!

Best,

smile82 said:
which one would you guys rather go to? i'm debating whether i should go to my cornell interview when i have a stanford acceptance to cut down on costs/time off from work? any advice would be helpful!

remember that the 2 schools are in VERY different settings: sunny idyllic suburb vs. bustling exciting big city. experiencing that contrast alone might make up your mind.

Check it out and compare financial aid packages in future if accepted. You will regret the fact that a few hundred dollars prevented you from keeping an option open!