This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

secretdoctor2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congratulations. You have very wonderful options. No real advice to give besides to think about the speciality you are going in and the associated salary / training time. If it is long enough and salary high enough it might be worth it to splurge. I know I would be willing to pay 100K to have better weather. But besides that CCLM and Stanford will keep all your doors open. The lost year should also be considered in terms of lost salary for a year.

I'm afraid I can't offer much help with your fortunate dilemma since I am in a similar position (CCLCM vs. Yale), but I will say that PBL is not how you spend the majority of your time at CCLCM (this was a misconception I had too until recently). Apparently you spend more time in seminars (basically small group interactive lectures with faculty). Not sure if that helps your decision-making, but best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
I can attest to the very low stress environment at CCLCM if that's what you want. Given that you want to do residency on the west coast, I would lean towards Stanford unless finances are a big concern for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure why anyone would think that clinical exposure for med students is deficient at Stanford.

Overall cost at Stanford might be less than you think. Several of the scholarly concentrations require a fifth year (at reduced tuition) with the opportunity for well-paid work in a lab or as a TA.