Stanford?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bujji13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody whose file was complete during or after the first week of September gotten an interview invite from Stanford?

I'm about to lose control and I don't think I like it.

Members don't see this ad.

hey...

stanford gets goin' slow. i just interviewed there last week, and they had only interviewed 60 applicants. it was said that they're just getting started. the thick of the "giving out interviews" hadn't gotten underway.

i was complete mid august. but i'm a local, so i got asked last minute...my situation might not be indicative.

as everyone says, just be patient. you're cool.

My app was complete late September. I got invited 10/31, but I had told them I would be interviewing at UCSF in Nov and it would be helpful as I now live in DC if they could let me yah or nay so I could coordinate the interviews. I also went there as an undergrad so I don't know if this has something to do with why I heard more quickly. The interview coordinator is really nice so if you do have an interview at a nearby school, call them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by jtheater
My app was complete late September. I got invited 10/31

Wow, that's quick. I've been complete since 9/7 and haven't heard anything. I emailed their office once (after 6 weeks), and they said that my file was awaiting a decision by the dean. I called them last week, and they said they dean still didn't make a decision, and that he was out of town or something.....

dude, i must have talked to the wrong person.

i was in the same situation (east coaster, app complete for a while, interviewing at ucsf) and i got no love when i asked to try and coordinate interviews. the lady i talked to was not very nice.