stange letter of rec.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caughtinheadlig

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What to do about this letter of recomendation

Members don't see this ad.

I was sitting in starbucks studying for the MCAT when this lady just sits down at my table. She tells me she's a D.O. and we chat a bit. Then she tells me to write a letter of recomendation for myself and drop it by her office and she'll sign it. It just doesn't feel right. What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would second that.

I know someone at AZCOM who contacted a DO from the phone book and called and said, "I am applying to a DO school and need a letter from a DO". Went in and talked to the DO for about 15 minutes (he asked him questions about himself and why he wanted to be a DO, etc). Then the DO said, just send me a listing of where you would like these sent. He was accepted to more than one school.

I dont think its a problem. She probably was able to judge your character and personality from your conversation together and as long as you don't say anything too drastic in your letter she will sign it. Many applicants have a hard time finding a DO to write a letter so carpe diem! I found a DO to write my leter through a friend of a friend!.....Good luck with the application.

care