Start medical school (M.D.) after at "high school" age 18?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViolinstMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I would appreciate some advice from current MD students.

I am 16, and could be classified as a sophomore in high school living in Boston, Massachusetts. As an alternative to public or private high school, I am home schooled in one course per semester and also enrolled (at a tutition of $1,000 per full time semester) at Harvard University Extension School (HES hereafter). HES is one of the (13?) degree granting schools of Harvard University. It does grant undergraduate degrees, mostly geared towards "non traditional students." And, as I'm sure many of you know, there is something called the Health Careers Program by which non-science majors can complete MD prereqs. The undergraduate degree tha HES offers is abbreviated ALB, and those from Harvard College (the traditional more selective undergraduate day program) grants AB. So as an alternative to a high school diploma, I will graduate with an ALB in Extension Studies with a concentration in History from HES, with all pre-med courses completed this (my sophomore) year.

I have already completed general chemistry and physics during my freshman year and the an 8 credit biology course this past summer.
I completed them with all A grades, and the lowest cut off for an A grade so far was 87%.

I am currently in organic chemistry and doing very well.

Here are links from the Extension School website detailing the undergraduate program I am in:

http://www.extension.harvard.edu/undergrad/default.jsp

(admission to the ALB program requires certain grades in three courses as a pre-degree student)

http://www.extension.harvard.edu/2009-10/programs/hcp/diploma/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I will have completed an undergraduate degree and all pre-med courses at age 18, is it possible to begin MD school thereafter? I plan to take the MCAT this summer, in lieu of the SAT or ACT.

I've researched several medical school websites and have yet to find any age restrictions. The only restriction common to all medical schools seems to be an undergraduate degree prior to matriculation.

There are four medical schools in my state (Harvard, BU,Tufts, UMass) and I would be happy to go to any of them immediately after "high school."

As for clinical experience, I volunteer at Massachusetts General Hospital 4 hours a week in the day care and as a pianist in the oncology ward.
When I am 17 I plan to work as a pharmacy assistant.

I just don't see the point of going to college again for another undergraduate degree. In other countries, medical school does indeed begin around age 18/19 anyways. Meanwhile, I am the youngest person in all of my pre med courses...and some students already have bachelor degrees and are just now starting pre med between the ages of 24-32.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I've never heard of any strict age requirements, but I imagine it's almost never an issue. I was young (20) when I was interviewing, and my age came up once or twice, but I don't think it hurt me.

I would call/email the admission offices of schools you are interested in. Your situation seems fairly unique, and I don't know if anyone here can offer you a definitive answer.

OP,

I wish I had your mentality when I was younger. I finished undergrad age 21 with a crappy GPA and am now in the BU MAMS with three MD interview invites.

If you can do it, I say go for it. The whole "college experience" is overrated. The Harvard Extension ALB is an actual undergraduate degree, Harvard is very adamant about that. I have a friend who left his state school after freshman year to persue the Harvard ALB, it is an excellent program... one of Harvard's best kept secrets!

Twelve and thirteen years have made it to medical schools before, including Harvard, I think.

If you do begin your MD at age 18, you should look into extending your education as well...maybe a joint degree... it's not like you're too old or anything.

Being called doctor at 22...wow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Talking to the admissions office of potential schools is your best bet. Usually the only requirements are:

1. Bachelor Degree (seems like you wil lbe getting this)
2. 90 credit hours (not sure about this)
3. MCAT (you are taking it)
4. LORs (I'm sure you can get that??)

As for clinical experience, I volunteer at Massachusetts General Hospital 4 hours a week in the day care and as a pianist in the oncology ward.
When I am 17 I plan to work as a pharmacy assistant.

My only question is whether or not the day care actually gives you patient contact; are you actually interacting with patients or just hanging out with healthy kids who need a place to be?

Other than that, I have heard of a few rare medical students at even younger ages, so age would not be a problem.

i dont think age would be a problem for the medical school, given that you nail the MCAT

My only question is whether or not the day care actually gives you patient contact; are you actually interacting with patients or just hanging out with healthy kids who need a place to be?

Other than that, I have heard of a few rare medical students at even younger ages, so age would not be a problem.

No one every realizes they can be a doctor unless they undergo medical training anyways. Patient contact? Any pre med level patient contact is nothing near what a real MD has anyways.

College isn't just about school work. There is a lot of learning out side of the class room that I don't think you would have when compared to most other med students. Interviews are a huge part of getting an acceptance, do you feel you are mature enough and have experienced enough to handle them? The amount of change that happens to the average college student throughout those 4 years is unmatched to any other part of your life. Personally, I wouldn't want to miss these 4 years for anything in the world, even if I was n your situation and it meant starting medical school four years from now.

College isn't just about school work. There is a lot of learning out side of the class room that I don't think you would have when compared to most other med students. Interviews are a huge part of getting an acceptance, do you feel you are mature enough and have experienced enough to handle them? The amount of change that happens to the average college student throughout those 4 years is unmatched to any other part of your life. Personally, I wouldn't want to miss these 4 years for anything in the world, even if I was n your situation and it meant starting medical school four years from now.

Well what would be the point of me essenially going to college again, since the Harvard Extension ALB and pre med courses are recognized as valid undergraduate credit by medical schools all over the country?

If I go to college (again)like everyone else at I might have to take the pre-reqs all over again because they may expire OR I might need take them again for review when I take the MCAT around age 21 like everyone else.

I've worked really hard at Harvard Extension to maintain close to a 4.0, and would hate to go through another 4 years of pre med.
Another four years of college would also cost my parents another 10,000-80,000 dollars (depending on financial aid packages).

I believe your chances are pretty slim. The population of people who apply to the schools you mentioned have more life experience and other 'subjective' things that they can put on their resumes that make them better candidates. You know the old saying - it's who you know not what you know. That to me pretty much means that you may look good objectively, but you also need to look good in the eyes of admissions committees subjectively. Whether that be knowing someone or life experiences.

I am not saying you have no shot at all. But, I think you'd be better suited for a BS/MD combined program. You'd probably be a very competitive candidate.

Good Luck!:luck:

OP,

Let me start off by saying that I will be starting medical school (already accepted) in the Fall, at age 23, after finishing the Georgetown SMP.

You are very smart! The Harvard Extension ALB sounds like an excellent alternative to high school. High school!!! You're not missing much BTW.

You could apply and see what happens. Objectively (GPA, MCAT)you may be an ideal candidate, but there are older applicants with more varied experiences than yours. Several colleges around you have combined BA or BA/MD programs (6-7 years). I'm sure if you apply early you'll be accepted to one. In your area....i'm almost certain

Google BS/MD programs...there are 30 something still left in the country.
For some, you can major in pretty much anything...take the prereqs again (and if you finished them at Harvard Extension....you should be able to ace them again while drinking from a beer bong =)...maintain a certain GPA....automatic acceptance.

You're also a good candidate for a second undergraduate degree (traditional) at great undergrad schools (Harvard COLLEGE,MIT, Hopkins, etc).

Good luck to you.

Don't worry, college is fun....even BS/MD....med school at age 18 could be fun also...although you legally wont be able to drink.

OP,

Let me start off by saying that I will be starting medical school (already accepted) in the Fall, at age 23, after finishing the Georgetown SMP.

You are very smart! The Harvard Extension ALB sounds like an excellent alternative to high school. High school!!! You're not missing much BTW.

You could apply and see what happens. Objectively (GPA, MCAT)you may be an ideal candidate, but there are older applicants with more varied experiences than yours. Several colleges around you have combined BA or BA/MD programs (6-7 years). I'm sure if you apply early you'll be accepted to one. In your area....i'm almost certain

Google BS/MD programs...there are 30 something still left in the country.
For some, you can major in pretty much anything...take the prereqs again (and if you finished them at Harvard Extension....you should be able to ace them again while drinking from a beer bong =)...maintain a certain GPA....automatic acceptance.

You're also a good candidate for a second undergraduate degree (traditional) at great undergrad schools (Harvard COLLEGE,MIT, Hopkins, etc).

Good luck to you.

Don't worry, college is fun....even BS/MD....med school at age 18 could be fun also...although you legally wont be able to drink.

from what I heared medschool isnt fun without the drinking, i guess you can be the person sipping on a pepsi when everyone is drinking :laugh:

from what I heared medschool isnt fun without the drinking, i guess you can be the person sipping on a pepsi when everyone is drinking :laugh:

Someone's gotta be the DD!

You're pretty on the ball, OP. I have no shining advice, but I will say godspeed to you and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
apply anyway, but if u dont get in, what are you going to do?

md is different from mbbs. the rquirements are obviously different.

Idk about the Harvard extension program, but I know that the UC extension programs have some really weak classes that they pass off as real ones. I'd suggest you go and take at least 1 upper division course at a real 4-yr university (Harvard or wherever) and see how you do. If you do fine then, academically, nothing would be holding you back (except maybe LoRs....).

Also a pharm tech job probably wouldnt do too much to help your app along at a MD school.

Gl.

It has been done and by applicants even younger than yourself. That said, those I've known of attended regular full-time college. Do you attend classes or is what you are doing online or other "distance learning"?

You say that you take one course per semester. That seems like a very light load and one that could raise questions regarding your ability to handle a medical school workload.

While there are very young folks who have been admitted to medical school at a young age, they've also been denied admission at other schools for lack of "life experience" and maturity. I'd suggest that you take your ALB degree and get a job for 2 years. Plan on applying after working for 1 year and then work through the application year. In addition to the job, find a volunteer position that exposes you to a population or a situation that you would otherwise be unexposed to. I'd recommend hospice, a free clinic, or a very busy inner-city ER. If you get a job in one of those places, then do the reverse and get a volunteer position doing clinical, translational or basic science research.

Furthermore, hang out with some people your own age (and not just relatives), just for fun. If you can't talk & relate to your peers, you are going to be a lonely soul and this can hurt you in the interviews.

It has been done and by applicants even younger than yourself. That said, those I've known of attended regular full-time college. Do you attend classes or is what you are doing online or other "distance learning"?

You say that you take one course per semester. That seems like a very light load and one that could raise questions regarding your ability to handle a medical school workload.

While there are very young folks who have been admitted to medical school at a young age, they've also been denied admission at other schools for lack of "life experience" and maturity. I'd suggest that you take your ALB degree and get a job for 2 years. Plan on applying after working for 1 year and then work through the application year. In addition to the job, find a volunteer position that exposes you to a population or a situation that you would otherwise be unexposed to. I'd recommend hospice, a free clinic, or a very busy inner-city ER. If you get a job in one of those places, then do the reverse and get a volunteer position doing clinical, translational or basic science research.

Furthermore, hang out with some people your own age (and not just relatives), just for fun. If you can't talk & relate to your peers, you are going to be a lonely soul and this can hurt you in the interviews.

I think that would be great. It would be good to have some real life experience before going in. While 1st two years of med school will be learning from the book, 3rd and 4th year (and then residency) could seem like a drag if you don't have some job experience

I've heard some residency directors that they don't like the BS/MD students as they are usually lacking maturity. A lot of what you learn in college goes beyond the book work. I went to a governor's school in high school and a lot of people I knew did the BS/MD programs and they really didn't match well. I feel like some residency directors would rather have older more mature residents. I've heard at least one director say that but of course thats an n=1 so take it or leave it. We had a really young medical student in our class and she ended up dropping out. I'm sure she was really smart but I think its a lot to handle for some younger students. Thats not to say people haven't done it. I just wouldn't personally want to.

Another four years of college would also cost my parents another 10,000-80,000 dollars (depending on financial aid packages).

Federal grant and loan eligibilty is greatly reduced for your second undergraduate degree, so I'd avoid that route. Med school at 18? I say go for it! Contacting admissions officers first seems like a really good idea.

As for maturity, my first thought was that I have doubts about some of my 20-something classmates! But, really, I know physicians and other professionals in their forties and fifties whom I would trust less than some eighteen-year-olds. Whether or not an admissions officer is willing to take that risk, who knows?

If you don't get accepted to medical schools, then perhaps a graduate degree?

I read an article not too long ago about a ten-year-old who was starting down the MD/PhD track at UChicago.

O.P., go where your talent takes you. You've already proven your competence. Next, you will have to prove your maturity. If you can convince an admissions committee that you have the emotional strength to handle medicine, your biological age will not be an issue.

I would suggest, however, that you rack up some life experience. This will help you on your apps, but that's not why you should do it; you sound like an academic power house as it is. Life experiences teach you what books cannot.

Maybe you could try the PeaceCorps, Americorps, traveling - anything! For the rest of us, these years off mean that we will be all the older when we start practicing, which can be discouraging. For you, these years off will only mean that you will begin practicing closer to the average age of everyone else who does. Given how young you are, I think you will see diminishing returns if you rush to reach medical school. However, you will see enormous benefits if you get your feet wet with other matters - and you'll have PLENTY of time for medical school.

Use at least SOME of the time that most people would spend in college to have some fun, see the world, fool around a bit (if you know what I mean ;)), travel, and meet the kinds of people you'll be treating when you get your MD.

I've heard some residency directors that they don't like the BS/MD students as they are usually lacking maturity. A lot of what you learn in college goes beyond the book work. I went to a governor's school in high school and a lot of people I knew did the BS/MD programs and they really didn't match well. I feel like some residency directors would rather have older more mature residents. I've heard at least one director say that but of course thats an n=1 so take it or leave it. We had a really young medical student in our class and she ended up dropping out. I'm sure she was really smart but I think its a lot to handle for some younger students. Thats not to say people haven't done it. I just wouldn't personally want to.
I didn't even think about residencies...

Also, for what it's worth, I went to college at 16 - and while I was smart enough for it, I was not mature enough, and I hated it. You might be a better decision maker and more socially effective than I was as a teenager, but that was my experience anyway. I wouldn't do it again, nor would I want my kids to go to college early.

Med school's a little different, since we're all so busy. But what will you do when you're dating an undergrad and you have to study all the time?

to those of you who say that the 'college experience' is overrated...go to a more fun school and start the process over again. as it was said...'life is not about the destination, but the journey'...as long as you get there. i wouldnt trade my 4 years at UNCW for anything. go to college, have a kick ass time, join a fraternity, use your medical aspirations to get the hottest girls at your school...then drop them, do some research, get some publications, make some friends, then after 4 years...you'll be ready to go into medicine.

there is a kid in some of my classes that started when he was 15, he is 17 now and taking multivariate with me. his mom drops him off to school every day, and he is the joke of the whole campus. the kid has no friends, and he is a social idiot.

one of the most important things about college is learning how to interact and communicate effectively with a diverse group of people..which you will need in medicine. that's not something that you can learn easily or at home.

get your plan together and go to college...make sure to keep a journal while you're there too so that you remember it all

Indeed, why is youth wasted on the young?

Go to college. Have fun. There is really no replacement for the college experience. The people who say it is overrated or something similar are flat wrong. Trust me. GO TO COLLEGE. Don't be in such a rush to grow up. And the classes are only a fraction of what I'm taking about. The friends, the professors, the student organizations, the campus life, the college schedule, the sports, everything, they are incredible. Anyone who tries to tell you differently is either extremely socially awkward or incapable of having fun.

LizzyM hit it on the dot!!! The major question about your app OP is your MATURITY. An 18 year old kid is an 18 year old kid no matter how much you have done in life so far.

I wouldnt apply right away, take some time and enjoy college/life. Once you are in medschool then you wont have time till you finish your residency for a life.

I'm with TroggHunter on this one. Everybody is different, but I'll be starting at 26 and I wouldn't trade my 4 full years of college, 2 in Americorps and 2 bartending for anything - I'll still have 35 years to practice medicine, at least, and that is a long time.

At the time, I thought I would kill to go straight to med school, but that would have been a big mistake FOR ME. I don't know you and you're obviously a lot more driven than I was but I would say just reflect on what your motives are to rush through school and what path they are leading you down, i.e. you'll be an M.D. before you can rent a car and around the same time you can legally drink.

At any rate, best of luck to you, you're obviously gonna be competitive at whatever you do.

God, I can't imagine missing college.

Ther person I was in high school is so completely different than the person I am post-undergrad as a direct result of the amazing friends and experiences I had.

I've always considered college to be less about book learning and more about learning about yourself and how you want to be when you are outside of the home you grew up in/away from your parents etc. It really does make a difference.

If you decide to go for it, good luck. But I do admit I'm a little sad for you. College is so fun, I'd hate to think that you'd miss out on such a great experience just to get those letters after your name a little faster.

OP, when will you you get your Bachelor's one the pace you are on right now?

I have a kid who will graduate with a BA at 19 after finishing HS early and who did actually do 2 of those years away for a 'real' college experience. Adivsors are suggesting that before applying for a PhD it might be good to go get some fun & real experiences. Not even mentioning that 'you are not mature enough' but more from the perspective that you have the time, go have an adventure, find something cool to do, go abroad, travel, do things, etc.

She has a couple of years to do anything she wants and not be at all behind her age cohort and they say once you get going on the treadmill you will be stuck.

I think the same thing applies to you, go have an adventure, whatever that means for you.

Football, basketball, cheerleaders, beer, frat parties, road trips on Spring Break and girls gone wild, why would anyone give this up to go to med school as a teenager. How dreary. How depressing. How utterly somber.

OP, I can't give you any advice about the possibility of doing what you're planning to do. But I think you'd end up regretting it. I was young going into college (graduated high school just after I turned 17) and ended up graduating from college a year early for what I always say was "financial reasons". Honestly, I graduated early because I thought it would be impressive to get ahead. You know what, though? It sucks. I wish I hadn't gotten so far ahead, because then maybe I'd have discovered early enough in undergrad that I wanted to go to med school. Instead, I am currently a 20-year-old doing a postbac. I didn't really had a normal college experience, because I shortened it and tried to get through it so fast.

I'm not saying you and I are the same person. I'm saying you should think about what you really want in life before making this decision at so young an age. Do you really want to go straight to med school without having gone to undergrad at all? Do you really want to grow up so fast that you're willing to miss out on college? Ask any adult you know what the best time of their life was, and chances are they'll tell you it was college. Being younger than everyone else can be pretty lonely. That's how I feel now. Hell, I can't even go to the nontraditional student happy hour get-togethers at the college I'm taking classes at because I'm too young to drink. It really, really sucks. You need to spend way more time thinking about your own happiness in making this choice than you spend thinking about logistics.

OP, go for it. College really is fun, but I think I'd prefer finishing med school 4 years early instead of busting my ass through college AGAIN.

Douglas, as a child, survived early-stage pediatric leukemia twice, once when he was 4 and again when he was 6 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doogie_Howser,_M.D.#cite_note-0 after his father, also a doctor discovered suspicious bruising. The experience fueled Douglas' desire to enter medicine.
Possessing a genius intellect and an eidetic memory, Douglas got a perfect score on the SAT at the age of six. He completed high school in nine weeks, graduated from Princeton University at age 10, and is hoping to finish medical school in four years later. Douglas is hoping to be one of the youngest licensed doctor in the country.
This teen doctor will be seeking acceptance by both others his age and his professional colleagues for the rest of his life. I am sure he will face and deal with a wide degree of social problems like AIDS awareness, racism, sexism, homophobia, gang violence, access to quality medical care, and losing one's virginity, along with aging, body issues, and friendship. Think of how hard this will be at such a young age and no real life experiences.
All I can say is good luck if this is the route you want to choose.

LizzyM hit it on the dot!!! The major question about your app OP is your MATURITY. An 18 year old kid is an 18 year old kid no matter how much you have done in life so far.

I wouldnt apply right away, take some time and enjoy college/life. Once you are in medschool then you wont have time till you finish your residency for a life.

I think her maturity level speaks for itself. She is mature enough to graduate college at 18, why wouldn't she be mature enough for medical school? I'm sure she is much more mature then most the students in my class.

To the OP, this can definitely be done at most schools. There was a girl who graduated from my medical school a few years ago who was accepted at 16. I say go for it. If I could trade my college experience in to be 4 years ahead of the game, I would do it in a heartbeat.

You can apply, if you wish--the worst you can get is a rejection--but I strongly advise you to apply to college at the same time. Don't skip the SAT and college applications! You are doing well, but getting into med school now is still a long shot. Have a back-up plan (which, if you are serious about being a doctor, needs to involve getting a traditional bachlors degree).

Live your life man. I don't know why people are so fixated on getting done as early as possible. When you are done you know what is left? Work. Aside from the fact that the most important things I've learned have NOT been in the classroom.

Go to college. Experience relationships, parties, study abroad, part-time jobs, bad roommates, good roommates, etc. It is good to stay driven but being a doctor involves a lot more than science classes. Being able to connect with patients is pretty friggin important. We have a few people in my class that started early. They skipped a grade or graduated early, hauled through undergrad in less than 3 years and started right up with med school. They are intelligent people and well meaning, but they really are the most naive and socially incompetent people I know. Contrary to popular belief, patients tend to value their doctor by personality and kindness above raw ability. I know someone will say I'm wrong, but there are studies that agree with it.

When I was your age I was absolutely positive I wanted a specific path. I wanted to get my bioengineering degree in 3 years and go straight into medical school for an MD/PhD program. I got into college (even with 35+ credit hours under my belt) and realized how much I hated engineering. I bounced around majors. Decided medicine really wasn't for me and explored other things. While I obviously returned to medicine, the road traveled is what put that in perspective for me. It is very easy to say the only thing you want to do is be a doctor when you haven't been exposed to the world of opportunities colleges afford. I graduated with a degree completely different than what I intended (2 actually). I was offered very very very well paying jobs and I even considered going to graduate school for computational linguistics. All of that stuff allows me to reflect on why I chose medicine. I know the other career paths that were available to me and I had something to compare to. When we're 18 we know it all and then you hit college and realize you know less and less every year.

Let life flow. Keep the drive but also keep an open mind and explore. A one track mind doesn't leave you with much in the future.

Last edited:
I think her maturity level speaks for itself. She is mature enough to graduate college at 18, why wouldn't she be mature enough for medical school? I'm sure she is much more mature then most the students in my class.

I'm not sure how mature someone could be that hasn't gone to high school and hasn't gone to college. They may be mature enough to get good grades, but it is real world social skills/maturity that the OP is probably lacking.

The last question on the interview evaluation form that the interviewers at my school fill out is "Would I want this person to be my doctor?", and I am not sure how many people would say yes to that about a person without any college or high school experience.

Skipping college to start medical school 4 years early....that just about sounds like the stupidest things i've heard all day. No doubt you are a smart kid, but what's the point if you aren't gonna enjoy life? And for all of you that said college is overrated, I feel sorry for you.

I'm not sure how mature someone could be that hasn't gone to high school and hasn't gone to college.

So anyone who has not graduated high school and college by your definition is not mature?

The last question on the interview evaluation form that the interviewers at my school fill out is "Would I want this person to be my doctor?", and I am not sure how many people would say yes to that about a person without any college or high school experience.

I would let her be my doctor.

So anyone who has not graduated high school and college by your definition is not mature?

Did I say that?

No, so don't put words in my mouth.

Someone who has not had the social/life experiences of high school and college will generally not be as mature as some who has. I mean the OP is planning to live alone for the first time when they enter Med School, that is quite an adjustment for someone who has been home schooled their whole life.

Did I say that?

No, so don't put words in my mouth.

Someone who has not had the social/life experiences of high school and college will generally not be as mature as some who has. I mean the OP is planning to live alone for the first time when they enter Med School, that is quite an adjustment for someone who has been home schooled their whole life.

Abraham Lincoln had 18 months of formal education. How did he manage to become mature without high school and college?

Abraham Lincoln had 18 months of formal education. How did he manage to become mature without high school and college?

haha relax man, no need to go into the history books...i do't think anyone can argue that someone who hasn't yet lived on their own and experienced the social life of college is as mature as someone who has. Like are you disagreeing with that statement completely? If so then at least I can know to ignore your future posts.

haha relax man, no need to go into the history books...i do't think anyone can argue that someone who hasn't yet lived on their own and experienced the social life of college is as mature as someone who has. Like are you disagreeing with that statement completely? If so then at least I can know to ignore your future posts.

I am saying someone who has not experienced college can be just as mature as someone who has. She is obviously a mature individual if she has completed by age 18 what most people don't achieve until they are in their mid-20's. So, yeah, like I am totally like saying I disagree with that statement, man.

Nothing says mature like wanting to ship all black people in the United States back to Africa.

I am saying someone who has not experienced college can be just as mature as someone who has. She is obviously a mature individual if she has completed by age 18 what most people don't achieve until they are in their mid-20's. So, yeah, like I am totally like saying I disagree with that statement, man.

It doesn't take too much maturity to take one class per semester online. The OP lives at home, we don't know how dependent he is on his parents etc.

Also, taking classes online says absolutely nothing about how socially mature a person is.

Nothing says mature like wanting to ship all black people in the United States back to Africa.

It's exactly what a lot of black people in the US wanted at the time. Do you think they came to the US by choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.