USMLE Start Second Pass or Review Incorrect First

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BirdmanJr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I finished UWORLD first pass a little bit ago and was hoping to re-do all of my incorrect by May1st giving me a month and some change for my second pass. However we have finals coming up soon and I dont think I'll be able to finish all of my incorrect and still have time for a second pass.

Do you think its best that I just start my second pass now or push through my incorrect and try to crank out a second pass.

Members don't see this ad.

So I finished UWORLD first pass a little bit ago and was hoping to re-do all of my incorrect by May1st giving me a month and some change for my second pass. However we have finals coming up soon and I dont think I'll be able to finish all of my incorrect and still have time for a second pass.

Do you think its best that I just start my second pass now or push through my incorrect and try to crank out a second pass.
Is it normal or expected to go through an entire Qbank twice? Are you just reviewing your missed questions or all of them? I want to know how best plan my own prep. Thank you.

I did incorrects first and after that the second pass became a bit of a joke where I was scoring well into the 90s most blocks . I'd say doing incorects first is definitely a way to save time on the second pass. After that you can just use the second pass if you need some general question practice to stay fresh in between nbmes and when your eyes start to bleed from reading too much FA and you need a break from that.

Reactions: 1 user
I did incorrects first and after that the second pass became a bit of a joke where I was scoring well into the 90s most blocks . I'd say doing incorects first is definitely a way to save time on the second pass. After that you can just use the second pass if you need some general question practice to stay fresh in between nbmes and when your eyes start to bleed from reading too much FA and you need a break from that.

Awesome! That was my original thought but i'm worried about not having enough time to do a complete second pass to guess questions I may have guessed on or questions i got right because i had just read something. How long did you second pass take?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! That was my original thought but i'm worried about not having enough time to do a complete second pass to guess questions I may have guessed on or questions i got right because i had just read something. How long did you second pass take?

I think my second pass took me about a month but by that point I was focusing mostly on FA. If you went hard on your second pass just focusing on doing that you could finish it much faster.

After going through UW reading everything thoroughly the first time and after doing incorrects I don't even think a second pass is that useful. Even though I did finish it a second time, looking back I don't think it was very helpful learning wise at all. It really was most useful just so when I went to do an nbme I wasn't like "omg I don't know how to answer questions because i haven't looked at any in a week". I personally wouldn't be concerned if you don't finish a second pass by step, as long as your nbmes are where you want them to be I wouldn't worry.

I would do my incorrects and learn from them, as oppose to doing a second pass. I did not even attempt a second pass, and I believe you'll just be answering questions from memory, which isn't particularly helpful.