Starting a Medical School Portfolio: What Should I include?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

screwedpremed88

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to be a sophomore in college next fall. I've decided to start a medical school portfolio over the summer. I have five tabs. What do you think I should include?
I'm thinking:
1. Grades: BCPM/Cumm/AO GPA /Updated Resume for Each Year
2. Prospective Schools: Print out Requirements, Class Profile, Special Programs
3. Interview Preparation: Print out possible interview questions and start answering them on paper
4. Application Preparation: Start on General Essays... for example why I want to go to medical school?

Do you think these are good sections? What other section should I include? Has anyone ever done one of these? Do you think it will help?
 
Include all pictures that are taken of you over the years that could possibly be used as a secondary photo. (e.g. every photo of you taken a hit off a bong, making empty beer can pyramids, teabagging your friends )
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I say drop all of them except for #4. The won't help man... they really wont. Especially since you seem neurotic (it takes one to know one)... you'll feel compelled to do everything over when the actual time comes. Trust me man. Just perform well right now and enjoy your sanity... For it will be tested in the near future.

Best

I'm going to be a sophomore in college next fall. I've decided to start a medical school portfolio over the summer. I have five tabs. What do you think I should include?
I'm thinking:
1. Grades: BCPM/Cumm/AO GPA /Updated Resume for Each Year
2. Prospective Schools: Print out Requirements, Class Profile, Special Programs
3. Interview Preparation: Print out possible interview questions and start answering them on paper
4. Application Preparation: Start on General Essays... for example why I want to go to medical school?

Do you think these are good sections? What other section should I include? Has anyone ever done one of these? Do you think it will help?
 
I'm going to be a sophomore in college next fall. I've decided to start a medical school portfolio over the summer. I have five tabs. What do you think I should include?
I'm thinking:
1. Grades: BCPM/Cumm/AO GPA /Updated Resume for Each Year
2. Prospective Schools: Print out Requirements, Class Profile, Special Programs
3. Interview Preparation: Print out possible interview questions and start answering them on paper
4. Application Preparation: Start on General Essays... for example why I want to go to medical school?

Do you think these are good sections? What other section should I include? Has anyone ever done one of these? Do you think it will help?

whats the purpose of this?