Starting from scratch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lsosatorres

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. i know I'll get blasted by some of you, but I'm a desperate student seeking help. Long story short: I dilly-dallied through my first three years of college, and have a current GPA of 2.3. In spite of this, I took the PCAT last summer and scored in the 94th percentile. I've done 40 volunteer hours at pharmacies. After doing some calculations, I'm seriously considering dropping everything and applying to a 6 year school like MCPHS. Is this possible? Is it the best choice right now? Is it cost-effective? Help me please

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There are some schools that really weigh the PCAT heavily that would probably let you in right now. It would just cost a couple hundred dollars in application fees to see what there is out there for you.

Hi guys. i know I'll get blasted by some of you, but I'm a desperate student seeking help. Long story short: I dilly-dallied through my first three years of college, and have a current GPA of 2.3. In spite of this, I took the PCAT last summer and scored in the 94th percentile. I've done 40 volunteer hours at pharmacies. After doing some calculations, I'm seriously considering dropping everything and applying to a 6 year school like MCPHS. Is this possible? Is it the best choice right now? Is it cost-effective? Help me please

Do not give up. Your PCAT score shows that you have matured. I am hoping you have an upward trend. Also, do you have a bachelors degree?
My advice to you would be to retake some classes with Fs and Ds. This will raise your GPA.
Best of luck to you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't suggest applying to a 6 year program that's a lot of money going to waste. That PCAT score is a great one, so many schools look for a good PCAT score. It's not all gpa. U will be fine, Goodluck to u

Just retake some classes you did bad in to bring up your GPA to at least 2.5. Then again, you can probably get into pharmacy school as it is right now. I wouldn't recommend doing a 6 year program at all. It would be an absolute waste of your time and money.