Starting my Cardiology rotation! Any advice?

Started by bonoz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bonoz

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I start my cardiology rotation (my first medical school rotation) tomorrow. Just wanted to get an idea of what to expect and any advice for it. How can I make the most of it?

Thanks
 
Better brush up on your EKG readings. I have seen students who were given stacks of EKG's to go analyze. Also the cardiac meds for CHF (right sided vs left-sided) HTN, A-Fib, Mitral regurg, Cardomyopathy, management of acute MI(initial presentation, then medical vs surgical bypass vs heart cath), the different A-V blocks, WPW.

Many cardiologists will quiz you on the mechanism of action on the different drugs. B selective vs B non-selective, CCB, ARB, ACE, etc.