Starting private practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pain buster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in process of starting privat pain practice with no past experience of private practice.I have few question if some one in private practice can help.

what regulations i have to follow to keep versed and fentany in clinic and documentation for their use. ( i will give minor sedation to my patients)

Recommend HIPPA compliance package for pain clinic.

My fluoroscopy suite is leaded (was previously used as radiology center) do i need approval or clearance from NY state in order to use for fluoro.

After procedure what is recovery period before sending pt home.if no sedation was given pt still need to wait for how before discharging home.

Members don't see this ad.

If u need one in the NYC area let me know.

if you need instructions on what type of recovery period, i am guessing you arent experienced in pain, or even medicine for that matter. I dont think it would be legal for us to give you any advice.

ps....not to mention the fact that the pain clinic's era of a great business has past.....things are only getting worse with all the cuts. Your idea would have been great a few years ago. It is kinda late.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about how to do an epidural? Dorsal or ventral approach? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

dude

i hope your spelling/grammar/syntax is better when you do your consultation reports !!!!

by the way, it sounds based on your questions like you should probably do a real pain fellowship first before you go out into private practice --- unless you got your training through empiremedical's weekend course, because with that you should be all set.!