starting salary for Heme, Cyto, GI, GU, GYN

Started by macrocyte
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

macrocyte

Junior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have heard Derm has the highest starting salary at about 250. What is the typical starting for someone who has done 4 year AP/CP and a 1 year fellowship in Heme, Cyto, GI, GU, or Gyn. Which one of these 1 year fellowships would likely have the highest starting salary? I would guess that they would all be about the same and would be about 180.
 
The numbers you are looking for will not be found. I would give up now. I recommend not choosing a fellowship because it will give you an extra $10-20k per year.
 
I'd say 220 for heme, 200 for cyto, 160-180 for GYN, GI, GU, SURG. LADOC would probably know more about this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
trent05 said:
I'd say 220 for heme, 200 for cyto, 160-180 for GYN, GI, GU, SURG. LADOC would probably know more about this.

We only have like 20 threads dedicated to this. 🙄 My favorite tho is the one where I try to convince Andy not to be pure AP/research. 👍
 
LADoc00 said:
We only have like 20 threads dedicated to this. 🙄 My favorite tho is the one where I try to convince Andy not to be pure AP/research. 👍
Hey LADoc...I actually decided to do AP/fellowhip then research after some thinking. Then the research...hmm...where is that thread anyway? :laugh: There were some funny pics in there!
PathOne said:
Pure AP rawks! Who needs CP anywayz?
Can I hear a "Hell yeah!"
 
May I ask as to what fellowship you're going to do?

-X

AndyMilonakis said:
Hey LADoc...I actually decided to do AP/fellowhip then research after some thinking. Then the research...hmm...where is that thread anyway? :laugh: There were some funny pics in there!

Can I hear a "Hell yeah!"
 
AndyMilonakis said:

Well, since you have a year to "spare", how 'bout a surg path fellowship at like MDA or MSKCC, followed by a two-year molec path fellowship. 'Tis da future! (or perhaps just drop the surg path part).
 
PathOne said:
Well, since you have a year to "spare", how 'bout a surg path fellowship at like MDA or MSKCC, followed by a two-year molec path fellowship. 'Tis da future! (or perhaps just drop the surg path part).
Well, I chose to do my residency training here mainly because I wanted to do my postdoc here. I'm pretty much committed to living here for several years and plus, I bought a place and the next year or few years are bad times to be putting my place on the market. So, doing a fellowship at another location is not an option for me.

As for molecular, it's not my cup of tea. Most of the molecular diagnostics here are centered around hemepath issues and that's not my cup of tea either.

So at this point, I have a differential that I'm considering but haven't committed myself to any one fellowship yet.