Starting up an urgent care or free standing ER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noroomforlogic

Secretary of Real Talk
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am graduating an ER residency in the US and am considering this as a long term goal. Would a masters in health care administration be the way to go? An MBA? I can't rule out wanting to start a business outside the field of medicine either. I don't care about the title, the letters after my name. I care about the information and real world results.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am graduating an ER residency in the US and am considering this as a long term goal. Would a masters in health care administration be the way to go? An MBA? I can't rule out wanting to start a business outside the field of medicine either. I don't care about the title, the letters after my name. I care about the information and real world results.

Thanks!

don't waste your time or money on an MBA. it's just a useless degree, but it may help you get higher in the corporate world of medicine, like administration or academics or something, but that's about all. MBA doesn't train you at all on how to own businesses. my dad was an MD and never got an MBA and started tons of businesses on his own. you don't need an MBA training to do any of that stuff, just good common sense. I got an MBA and haven't found any use for it at all. I regret ever doing it and spending money on it.