Starting up Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stockholm

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my Step 1 scores last week and was happy that I passed although I only scored around average. So I'm aiming higher on Step 2 and need your help -- Where do I start? I've read some reviews on www.amazon.com that indicate that First Aid Step 2 isn't as useful as it was for Step 1. A lot of people there recommend the "Secrets" series. What do you think? I've been given "Prescription for the Boards Step 2", "NMS", and "PreTest Clinical Vignettes Step 2" from a friend in Minnesota - what other books should I get? I plan to take Step 2 next fall, so I have lots of time...

Also, I'm studying Neurology at the moment. What review books are best for Neuro?

Thanks -

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently studying for the step 2. I already read First Aid for Step 2 and agree that it doesn't cover everything. I have only read the first 100 pages of Prescriptions for teh Boards and it covers many more subjects than First Aid did. I had heard from some residents that they only studied RX for the Boards and did fine. I also bought the NMS book to do questions later. I haven't scheduled my test yet, but since I am doing a rads rotation right now, I fig'd i would study a lil for step 2 since i have the time.

Some people I know say that the secrets series is also good.

Took Step 2 last week.

I like the Kaplan step 2 notes. You can get them on eBay, or if you take the course. Qbank & Qbook are the closest to the real thing.

The only book I read was Rx and a few of the hi-yield series.

NMS is a waste of time since the questions are not the same style as those on the test. The content is OK though, and alot of people like NMS.

Thanks for your help! I guess I'll be starting with Prescriptions then, and a good book in Neuro as I'm studying that at the moment. I still have a loooong time to prepare for Step 2.

What three subjects would you say were the most important to now well for Step 2?