Starting volunteer/training @ clinic tomorrow

Started by nazmar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nazmar

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And they're apparently going to train me in order to function as a PT Tech, which afterwards can lead to a per-diem job at that clinic. I'm excited yet more nervous and have no idea what to expect, also with this semester coming up and me having finalized my schedule, I would only be able to do this one time a week, since Monday-Thursday I have class that for the most part overlap the clinics hours (8-5, Mon-Fri). I told management that I was a full-time student, so hopefully they'll be accommodating since this seems to be a little more than the volunteering I was initially expecting. I'd essentially be an unpaid intern.

The experience that can be gained from this will be paramount, and that's what I'm excited about.

I'm sure the majority of people here have gone through a similar scenario, any advice?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
I started in an outpatient orthopedic scenario, and your job will most likely give you a month leeway to get the hang of everything that goes on around the clinic. If they allow you bring a notebook or something that you can write some important stuff down, the first week or so they are going to teach you a lot of procedures around your clinic so it's best to take notes, and reinforce them later so you wont mess up around patients and the PTs.