Statistics/EPPP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CPsych2018

Reaction score
Does the Eppp involve a lot of mathematical questions such as stats or research methods? What are some examples of statistic questions on the exam?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The practice exams and/or retired questions will give you a pretty good barometer of the types of questions on the EPPP in this particular area.

Do you know of any free practice exam sites?, didn’t want to pay for practice exams when I won’t graduate for another 7 years...‍♀️

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know of any free practice exam sites?, didn’t want to pay for practice exams when I won’t graduate for another 7 years...‍♀️

If you are 7 years away from taking it, I wouldn't even bother with looking at the material at this point.

Reactions: 1 users

If you are that far off, it is way too early to be looking at practice exams anyways. There are stats questions, but that aspect of the exam is largely a joke right now. It does not get into anything beyond what you should be doing in the first couple months of grad school, with the exception of a few "slightly" more advanced psychometrics topics. The stats topics it does cover are far more finite than for other sections...it's really just core intro stuff...the treatment sections are where it whips out some obscure modality that was popular 50 years ago in another country and there have been only a handful of studies on. There isn't really any "math" in the need a calculator sense, just concepts.

The exam is also being overhauled, so I'm not even sure there is much benefit to looking at current questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed with the above--if you're 7 years out from sitting for the exam, I wouldn't bother trying to plan ahead, given that changes may occur. Just focus on learning the material in your stats and research methods classes. That should be more than sufficient, unless things change substantially.

Reactions: 1 user