Stats for DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstu2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any stats like avg. science and non-science GPA and MCAT scores for MSU and Chicago?

Members don't see this ad.

Sheesh...osu has the top stats according to that.
Maybe I shoulda applied elsewhere. lol

Stupid mcat scores....6 more weeks...blah

Members don't see this ad :)
JohnnyOU said:

Did you seriously only apply to 1 school?

There must be many more than 88 students at OU alone applying to OSU-COM....not to mention OSU, Tulsa, ORU, UCO, etc.......

They can't accept everyone----even if they all have above average stats. OSU-COM has the smallest class size, and thus must have more restrictive acceptance rates.

JohnnyOU said:

There are three distinct ways to become a physician in Oklahoma:

1) Go to OU-COM, then do 3rd & 4th year @ Ou-Tulsa

2) Go to OU-COM, then stay in OKC to do years 3 & 4

3) Go to OSU-COM

Incidentally..... 1>2>3

My advice - go to OU for med school, then to OU-Tulsa for 3rd and 4th year. That is THE BEST way to become an Oklahoma-trained physician. You will not regret it. How do I know, you ask? I may be a D.O., but I trained @ UMDNJ in Jersey. I did a rotation @ OSU-COM, specifically @ TRMC. Awful. Also, I am a resident @ OU-Tulsa and finally, my wife is a graduate of OU-COM and she completed her 3rd and 4th year @ OU-Tulsa. I love being a D.O. and intuitively you'd think a guy like me would recommend OSU-COM, but all in all I have to say FOR THE MOST PART, people who do #1 get the best education available in Oklahoma as far as medicine is concerned. Also, look at match lists and board scores. It all supports what I'm saying. Good Luck, Johnny!

DrFeelgoodDO said:
There are three distinct ways to become a physician in Oklahoma:

3) Go to OSU-COM

Incidentally..... 1>2>3

My advice - go to OU for med school, then to OU-Tulsa for 3rd and 4th year. That is THE BEST way to become an Oklahoma-trained physician. You will not regret it. How do I know, you ask? I may be a D.O., but I trained @ UMDNJ in Jersey. I did a rotation @ OSU-COM, specifically @ TRMC. Awful. Also, I am a resident @ OU-Tulsa and finally, my wife is a graduate of OU-COM and she completed her 3rd and 4th year @ OU-Tulsa. I love being a D.O. and intuitively you'd think a guy like me would recommend OSU-COM, but all in all I have to say FOR THE MOST PART, people who do #1 get the best education available in Oklahoma as far as medicine is concerned. Also, look at match lists and board scores. It all supports what I'm saying. Good Luck, Johnny!

TRMC may be awful, but St. Anthony's is the only accredited chest pain institution in the state. This hospital is used exclusively for OSU-COM rotations. In addition, Integris Southwest Medical Center is used for OSU-COM rotations, and has one of the best emergency departments in the state.

Try your best, but these are excellent hospitals.

OSU-COM students have a choice of St. Anthony's & Integris Southwest Medical Center or TRMC & Hillcrest for core.

OSUdoc08 said:
TRMC may be awful, but St. Anthony's is the only accredited chest pain institution in the state. This hospital is used exclusively for OSU-COM rotations. In addition, Integris Southwest Medical Center is used for OSU-COM rotations, and has one of the best emergency departments in the state.

Try your best, but these are excellent hospitals.

OSU-COM students have a choice of St. Anthony's & Integris Southwest Medical Center or TRMC & Hillcrest for core.

I will admit that St. Ants is a good hospital. I don't know much about Integris SW, but it's got the only other ER residency in the state....so it must be the greatest, right?

Admittedly, I did not know that OSU-COM students could do their clinical years in OKC. With that in mind, I still highly doubt that OSU-COM can provide a better education than OU, particularly OU-Tulsa. Nice try, Gwendolyn.

My list revised:

3) Go to OSU-COM, then do 3rd & 4th year @ St. Ants/Integris

4) Go to OSU-COM, then stay @ TRMC for years 3 & 4

Big props to OSUdoc for making this revised list happen!! :laugh:

DrFeelgoodDO said:
I will admit that St. Ants is a good hospital. I don't know much about Integris SW, but it's got the only other ER residency in the state....so it must be the greatest, right?

Admittedly, I did not know that OSU-COM students could do their clinical years in OKC. With that in mind, I still highly doubt that OSU-COM can provide a better education than OU, particularly OU-Tulsa. Nice try, Gwendolyn.

My list revised:

3) Go to OSU-COM, then do 3rd & 4th year @ St. Ants/Integris

4) Go to OSU-COM, then stay @ TRMC for years 3 & 4

Big props to OSUdoc for making this revised list happen!! :laugh:

I'm sure you probably know this, but St. Anthony's will be starting an EM residency next year, thus making 3 residencies in the state. With the AOA residency in Joplin, Missouri, there are 4 AOA EM residencies in the vicinity of OSU-COM.

Still none for OU.

Until OU gets an EM residency, I can't show any love.

OSUdoc08 said:
Until OU gets an EM residency, I can't show any love.

Big loss, sweetheart. I'm sure Dean Clancy and Dean Andrews are gonna cry themselves to sleep tonight. BTW, I had no idea about the 3rd EM program. Then again, my world doesn't revolve around the ED.....go figure!!