Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello blazers,

Here are some people you may want to give a ring at RCSI to inquire about a spot. Perhaps, an evaluator can even make a call on your behalf; a close friend of mine had an evaluator call Mr Curtis shortly after interview - she was accepted not too long after. Know any physicians or surgeons that could call Prof Kelly? He's the administrative dean of RCSI and is a vascular surgeon. Best of luck to you!

Cheers!

Cathal Kelly, dean of the college: +353 1 402 2281
Philip Curtis, senior admissions officer: +353 1 402 2266
Catherine Moloney, admissions assistant: +353 1 402 2248

Thank you. I just ended up emailing to [email protected] and Im sure someone will see the email and direct it to the right place. I thought that was the better thing to do rather than contact someone specific. Im planning that if I dont get an email response in two days time, I will call Mr. Curtis. Thanks again for sharing this!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
how did you receive your acceptance letter to TCD? FedEx or snail mail?
i didn't pay for the fedex option and I'm waiting to hear back from TCD, NUIG, UCD and UCC. I also live in toronto, which is why I'm asking.

I chose FEDEX on the application form so my acceptance letter was FEDEX to me. The date on acceptance letter was March 12 and I got it from FEDEX on March 14 (sent from ABP California). FYI: they dont FEDEX rejection letter even if you choose FEDEX on your application form.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! So I got rejected from Trinity today, and I am still waiting to hear from NUIG. My stats are below.

My country of citizenship is: USA
Currently studying: Masters of Public Health
At this university: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
My c/sGPA is: 3.8
Current degree held: BSc. Biology
From this university: University of Central Arkansas
cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.4
My MCAT Scores: N/A
I applied to: TCD, NUIG (5 year GEP)
I have an interview at: N/A
I was accepted at:
I was waitlisted at:
I was rejected from: TCD

Yeah, anybody from Toronto area? Idk how long it should take for it to get here, and wow all these posted stats are amazing...getting me worried

I don't like how Trinity has only accepted students who have written the MCAT, even though its a 5-year program that does not require it. did anyone get accepted to Trinity WITHOUT taking the mcat this year?

I'm from: Massachusetts
My country of citizenship is: USA
Currently studying: postbacc
At this University: Harvard (did my BA at Brown in anthropology)
My GPA is: 3.39 undergrad, 3.76 postbac
My MCAT Scores were: didn't take it
EC: Worked in research for ~4yrs, couple of publications, ran track in college

I applied to: TCD and NUIG (both 5yr programs)
I was accepted at: NUIG
I was rejected from: TCD

I have applied to medical schools this many times: first time

Decided in the end that it was too much debt to take on, so I'm going to stick it out here, wrap up my postbacc over the next year, and apply in the States next summer to start in 2014. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting to hear!

Another day with no rejection or acceptance. I hope I won't have to wait till the summer like this. It keeps my hopes up for trinity :xf:

Another day with no rejection or acceptance. I hope I won't have to wait till the summer like this. It keeps my hopes up for trinity :xf:

I emailed Finbar Monday and he said second round offers are being sent out over the next several weeks so it shouldn't take too too long to hear back. At least I really hope not. I don't wanna wait all summer either.

I emailed Finbar Monday and he said second round offers are being sent out over the next several weeks so it shouldn't take too too long to hear back. At least I really hope not. I don't wanna wait all summer either.

I'm checking in on the site for my fiancé. He applied to all the Irish med schools... We were told deadline for application was 4/1 and he sent his in about 2 weeks ago. His MCAt scores were a 29R and GPA was 3.4. Anyone have a guess on what they are looking for score wise? Also doe anyone know what the married housing is like?

.............................................................................................

Has anyone else applied just in the last couple weeks?

Members don't see this ad :)
Its quite late in the cycle.... I though the deadline was in February?

the late deadline is in Feb iirc. earlier deadline is back in november, at least it was in my year.

it's pretty late to be applying now.

The late deadline was January 15th; I remember because I was rushing over the holidays to make it in by this date, as I had already missed the original deadline of November 15th :S

I'm sorry to say this, but I think it's a little too late to be applying in March...

I'm checking in on the site for my fiancé. He applied to all the Irish med schools... We were told deadline for application was 4/1 and he sent his in about 2 weeks ago. His MCAt scores were a 29R and GPA was 3.4. Anyone have a guess on what they are looking for score wise? Also doe anyone know what the married housing is like?

I think it's late to apply but those stats are pretty comparable to mine, I had 29S and about a 3.4gpa ish and I have an interview at Limerick with no other news anywhere else, I only applied GEP, but I handed in my application for the November date. Hope this helps.

Email sent to me by Finbar said April 1st and that it was not to late to apply. January Is when they are first starting to look at/consider applications for the first round which go out in march/April.

Email sent to me by Finbar said April 1st and that it was not to late to apply. January Is when they are first starting to look at/consider applications for the first round which go out in march/April.

From what people have posted and we've seen first round offers are completely (or almost completely) out already. You'll be waiting on a second round offer now.

is there anyone else out there from the maritimes applying to ireland?....and if so have you heard anything , starting to think fedex doesnt come this far east........ahah

I am applying from Halifax, NS. Graduated from Dalhousie. Haven't heared anything yet :(

I believe TCD only has a 5-year medical program

I think it's late to apply but those stats are pretty comparable to mine, I had 29S and about a 3.4gpa ish and I have an interview at Limerick with no other news anywhere else, I only applied GEP, but I handed in my application for the November date. Hope this helps.

It does help a lot. Thank you!!! It seems like a lot of people didn't take the MCAt test. I wonder how big an impact that makes at places like trinity etc?

is there anyone else out there from the maritimes applying to ireland?....and if so have you heard anything , starting to think fedex doesnt come this far east........ahah

I'm even further east in Newfoundland! So let's hope so! :) I haven't heard anything yet either...

From what people have posted and we've seen first round offers are completely (or almost completely) out already. You'll be waiting on a second round offer now.

has anyone received an offer lately? does anyone know when second round offers come? Finbar was very vague about when they were being sent out.

he told me when I emailed a little while back that the RCSI second round would be coming out after easter sometime dont know really about the others. He said that NUIGs second round is usually fairly small and pretty much not to get my hopes up for there haah although he wasnt that blunt about it........

has anyone received an offer lately? does anyone know when second round offers come? Finbar was very vague about when they were being sent out.

In the FAQ section he sent to us second round letters go out in May/June. Also we were told they review applications until April 1st. Hope this helps!!! We are anxiously waiting also as my fiancé applied late we sent everything in at deadline so are hoping for a second round letter!
Does anyone know what married housing is like?

Last edited:
My country of citizenship is: Canada
Currently studying: MSc Epidemiology and Biostatistics
At this university: University of Western Ontario
My GPA is: 3.78 undergrad (Psychology, UWO)
I applied to: TCD, NUIG
I have an interview at:
I was accepted at:
I was waitlisted at:
I was rejected from:

I have applied this many times: once before to Canadian schools.

I have not heard anything yet.

My country of citizenship is: Canada
Currently studying: MSc Epidemiology and Biostatistics
At this university: University of Western Ontario
My GPA is: 3.78 undergrad (Psychology, UWO)
I applied to: TCD, NUIG
I have an interview at:
I was accepted at:
I was waitlisted at:
I was rejected from:

I have applied this many times: once before to Canadian schools.

I have not heard anything yet.

How did you apply to Canadian schools without an MCAT?

Did you already accept another offer? What's the date on the letter?

I accepted an offer from UCC. I don't know the date of the letter because I already tossed it in the recycling bin. lol sorry.

If anyone else got into TCD, please let me know so I can keep in touch about the process from now until when we leave!

Still have had no news yet from Trinity and Galway.

Me neither and I'm dying to hear back from them!
Did you pay for the FedEx option by any chance? I didn't and I'm regretting it so much right now.

For those getting letters now, what are the dates on them?

FedEx, why you no come to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It seems that only people wanting to attend the 4/5 year programs have been getting responses. Any 6 year applicants hear anything for second round???

I don't think second round goes out until mayjune. My fiancé applied to all the schools in Ireland. Still waiting to hear from them

are you sure second round offers dont come till may/june? thats tooooo far!

damn, who knew waiting could be so tiring? and now.. more waiting..

Firstly congrats to everyone who got accepted! I wanted to ask you, before you got your fedex package, did ABP send you an email about your acceptance?

damn, who knew waiting could be so tiring? and now.. more waiting..

Firstly congrats to everyone who got accepted! I wanted to ask you, before you got your fedex package, did ABP send you an email about your acceptance?

Nope. It was a surprise!

thats encouraging kind of! I thought they were still emailing you telling you it was on its way. Now at least we can convince ourselves it may come any day...

Waiting is so stressful! Absolute final deadline to apply was 4/1. Unfortunately due to some things we had going on my fiancé had to apply closer to the deadline. I'm hoping we still hear something soon!!! For those who got trinity declines did you take the MCATs? His score wa a 29r