Stats of Applicants to Irish schools and Acceptance, Waitlist or Rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if in the next 2 weeks there is no interview call from RCSI that means you've been rejected I think. if you get called for interview, then you may not hear of a final answer till august right before classes start. this is what i understand now

Members don't see this ad.

If there is a second round of interviews then why is there a Waitlist? I hate how ABP leaves you hangin

can someone call ABP or RCSI directly tommorow and figure out what is going on, and let us know. It would be greatly appreciated by us all :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont mind calling Im pretty pessimistic now anyway, Finbar is probably going to answer and be like "oh, its you again, nope your still not accepted anywhere" hahaha

Last edited:
Ill dont mind calling Im pretty pessimistic now anyway, Finbar is probably going to answer and be like "oh, its you again, nope your still not accepted anywhere" hahaha

you dont even need to identify yourself. just ask him as an applicant if rcsi rejections have all ready been released, when are second round interviews gonna be released, and what are the chances historically that someone has been accepted after a second round interview at rcsi.

No doubt that waiting sucks, but unless you have some other acceptance offer to accept/deny, does it really matter if you know the day that they are going to give you a yes or no answer?

I got a rejection letter from RCSI today.
No skin off my back, i'm already heading to TCD (heard from them March 16)!

I called ABP today and a guy named Tony told me I should hear back either this week or next week. :xf:

i called abp also and they had no status on my application regarding rcsi. if rejections for rcsi are going out or have been released all ready as can be seen by some SDN posts, does that mean the ones who havent heard can be presumed to have been selected for an interview?

did you guys who got rejections have first round interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anythibg from UCC or UCD? I've seen a lot for trinity and RCSI but nothing for those 2 schools yet

Has anyone heard anythibg from UCC or UCD? I've seen a lot for trinity and RCSI but nothing for those 2 schools yet

At the Limerick interview on the weekend Peter from ABP told us that UCC and UCD would be sending out offers this week and next.

did you guys who got rejections have first round interviews?

thats a good question. i didnt think about that, but i presumed that those who had first round interviews all ready got rejections if they were rejected. i mean the interview was like more than almost 2 months ago, and acceptances were released 2 to 3 weeks after i believe.

I did not receive a first round interview and I have not heard back from any other school. RCSI rejection as of today..

oh noo kind of expecting a rejection in the next few days........eek

oh noo kind of expecting a rejection in the next few days........eek

you can call ABP and ask them on your application update. I called, and they said they had no news for me, and Im guessing they all ready know who has not been invited for a second round of interviews since rejections are coming out, so Im becoming slightly optimistic. I would call them tomm and see the status of your application.

you can call ABP and ask them on your application update. I called, and they said they had no news for me, and Im guessing they all ready know who has not been invited for a second round of interviews since rejections are coming out, so Im becoming slightly optimistic. I would call them tomm and see the status of your application.

Honestly I wouldnt take ABP's word. I emailed them about my status and they said..it's still early blah blah blah...next week I get a trinity rejection (dated the 16th, but I got it a month later, and asked ABP 2 weeks before I got it)

Honestly I wouldnt take ABP's word. I emailed them about my status and they said..it's still early blah blah blah...next week I get a trinity rejection (dated the 16th, but I got it a month later, and asked ABP 2 weeks before I got it)

isnt the letter of regret mailed from their office in cali? thats where if i remember right trinity's letter of regret came from. so im guessing the schools first send their decisions to abp who forward it to your address of preference you listed on your app.

so they will know the status of your application. sure they cant make any decisions nor can they give any idea about how competitive your app, but what they can say is what they heard from the schools.

so far i heard that they had heard nothing from rcsi regarding my application. and seeing that there are offers of regrets all ready, im guessing its either im not declined yet or they will let people who have been selected for 2nd round interviews know later. and it makes no sense for rcsi to mail abp regret letters as they come. they prob sent them in a bulk. its what im thinking..

I believe the letter is directly from RCSI in Ireland.

isnt the letter of regret mailed from their office in cali? thats where if i remember right trinity's letter of regret came from. so im guessing the schools first send their decisions to abp who forward it to your address of preference you listed on your app.

so they will know the status of your application. sure they cant make any decisions nor can they give any idea about how competitive your app, but what they can say is what they heard from the schools.

so far i heard that they had heard nothing from rcsi regarding my application. and seeing that there are offers of regrets all ready, im guessing its either im not declined yet or they will let people who have been selected for 2nd round interviews know later. and it makes no sense for rcsi to mail abp regret letters as they come. they prob sent them in a bulk. its what im thinking..

Yup they do come from cali..hence the reason I don't understand why he couldn't just tell me when I emailed me...

the atlantic bridge waiting game is cruel but just the same I guess its kind of good news that UCD and UCC are coming out soon. Any ballpark to how many people get second round offers to them??

I believe the letter is directly from RCSI in Ireland.

but was it sent from a california address or like it was mailed directly from ireland to your home address? letter was from trinity directly, but it was abp in cali that sent it

According to last year, people got interview invitations on April 21st for Limerick.
2nd round offers for RCSI were sent out on May 3rd.
Trinity and Galway sent out their acceptances and rejections on April 26th; few people received acceptances via E-mail telling them that a package will be sent out to them. others got rejections on April 21th from UCC and UCD.
so I guess next week is a critical one for all of us, good luck guys :xf:

According to last year, people got interview invitations on April 21st for Limerick.
2nd round offers for RCSI were sent out on May 3rd.
Trinity and Galway sent out their acceptances and rejections on April 26th; few people received acceptances via E-mail telling them that a package will be sent out to them. others got rejections on April 21th from UCC and UCD.
so I guess next week is a critical one for all of us, good luck guys :xf:

Thank you and good luck to you!

nothing in the mail today for me from rcsi or abp

blazers I think your in good shape, I got an RCSI rejec today womp wompppppp

it was addressed April 16th, and by the looks of it, it came from the school directly

I got an RCSI rejec today womp wompppppp

it was addressed April 16th, and by the looks of it, it came from the school directly

Me too but I had already accepted my offer at UCC.

Last edited:
No more RCSI for me :(
Still waiting to hear from trinity and Galway.

blazers I think your in good shape, I got an RCSI rejec today womp wompppppp

Does anyone know if it's the typical big envelope for acceptances and small envelopes for rejections? Or are they all the same size?

the rejection I got was in just a normal white one but I kinda knew it was one of the schools because it had foreign stamps on it.

my name was also spelled wrong..........thanks abp, high five

Sorry to hear about rejection guys. keep your hopes up!

another day has gone by. no letter from either rcsi or abp. should i become hopeful or what?

are rcsi interviews sent out through email?

Congrats for those who got accepted. does it show on your credit card or not yet

are rcsi interviews sent out through email?

For everyone still waiting heres my time line of events for Rcsi.
Feb 1- email from Celeste golden saying I had been "short listed" for an interview.
Feb 8- email from Finbar saying I had got an interview for Vancouver
March 2- interview in Vancouver
March 19- acceptance via fed ex came, around 315. I'm located in Regina sk Canada.
March 26- credit card charged (what a great indicator this was..)
Sorry it's not much guys but hopefully it gives you a rough timeline.

For everyone still waiting heres my time line of events for Rcsi.
Feb 1- email from Celeste golden saying I had been "short listed" for an interview.
Feb 8- email from Finbar saying I had got an interview for Vancouver
March 2- interview in Vancouver
March 19- acceptance via fed ex came, around 315. I'm located in Regina sk Canada.
March 26- credit card charged (what a great indicator this was..)
Sorry it's not much guys but hopefully it gives you a rough timeline.

what does "short listed" mean? i didnt get such an email at all.

what does "short listed" mean? i didnt get such an email at all.

Basically that I was just selected for the interview. She phrased it like that though which kind of confused me haha. I went this summer to visit Rcsi and spoke to her directly so that is probably why she emailed me.

I just called Trinity and they told me that my application is still under consideration.

another day has gone by. no letter from either rcsi or abp. should i become hopeful or what?

I'd say hang in there. No use giving up hope. By the looks of it, letters are still going out :)

anybody know if they sent out any rejections for Limerick?

Limerick acceptances were emailed so I'm not sure if your card gets charged.

No news from rcsi or abp today also. Interview offers go out after rejections right?

do you all think I should have by now received something from rcsi if I was rejected?