Stats of students REJECTED by CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigbody

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have applied, and unfortunately been denied by CCOM, would you all be willing to share your GPAs/MCAT scores.....

Members don't see this ad.

bigbody said:
For those of you who have applied, and unfortunately been denied by CCOM, would you all be willing to share your GPAs/MCAT scores.....

Last year I was accepted to every school I applied to through AACOMAS except for CCOM. I hear they discriminate based on where you are from .

I had a 28 MCAT, 3.4 GPA, & I'm a Texas resident.

Ironically, I had a friend that interviewed with me at AZCOM, where I was accepted and she was rejected. She actually got into CCOM. Sometimes I think they just draw names out of a hat.

OSUdoc08 said:
Last year I was accepted to every school I applied to through AACOMAS except for CCOM. I hear they discriminate based on where you are from .

Ironically, I had a friend that interviewed with me at AZCOM, where I was accepted and she was rejected. She actually got into CCOM. Sometimes I think they just draw names out of a hat.

I'm a Texas resident and I got in this year... who knows?

Members don't see this ad :)
OSUdoc08 said:

Did you get any interviews at any of the Texas schools?

OSUdoc08 said:

Being that the interview is there for a purpose, if you got to that point...I would suspect that it was the interview that did you in. Some schools have specific things they are looking for when they interview, and if you didn't fit that mold that could be the issue.

kaikai128 said:
Being that the interview is there for a purpose, if you got to that point...I would suspect that it was the interview that did you in. Some schools have specific things they are looking for when they interview, and if you didn't fit that mold that could be the issue.

no, i didn't have an interview there

i got accepted to every school i interviewed at except Baylor

OSUdoc08 said:
no, i didn't have an interview there

i got accepted to every school i interviewed at except Baylor

Did you go through the Match? Why not TCOM?

27 and a 3.8 and they havent interviewed me yet

Future Doc B said:
Did you go through the Match? Why not TCOM?

TCOM didn't interview me.

In Texas, only Baylor did.

Future Doc B said:
That's crazy... :eek:

The average stats for TCOM acceptance jumped up much higher than normal for last year for some reason, according to the Dean.

3.45 GPA/ 28 MCAT/ very strong EC's......I was granted interviews at every DO school that I applied to, but was waitlisted for an interview at CCOM....can't quite figure that out...

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlist for interview with 27 , 3.2, excellent LOR and EC's

Taus said:
3.45 GPA/ 28 MCAT/ very strong EC's......I was granted interviews at every DO school that I applied to, but was waitlisted for an interview at CCOM....can't quite figure that out...

I had just about the same stats as you last year, and was also granted interviews at AZCOM, KCOM, DMU-COM, and OSU-COM, but not CCOM.

(the only AACOMAS schools I applied to.)

recently interviewed and awaiting decision. nontrad, 25mcat,3.4

OSUdoc08 said:
I had just about the same stats as you last year, and was also granted interviews at AZCOM, KCOM, DMU-COM, and OSU-COM, but not CCOM.

(the only AACOMAS schools I applied to.)

What were your secondaries like? Cause you guys certainly have the credentials and are good DO candidates. I think CCOM is one school that definitely wants to know not only that you're committed to osteopathy, but that you want to go specifically to their school. A few essays on the secondary I felt that's what they were getting at. Perhaps that's why the secondary was much more thorough than the other schools I applied to (except Western! geez...) Before the interview several students told me to just get 3 things across: why you want to be a doctor, why osteopathy, and why CCOM.
I'm now waiting to hear. oh, I'm 2.9 GPA, 12V 10P 10B Q

I got on the "interview waitlist" at CCOM. I have 3.2 undergrad, and 4.0 post-bac. 30Q mcat.
Does the wailist mean they might be able to squeeze you in around March/April-ish?

I'll be the first to admit I had a crummy MCAT performance, but I got into CCOM with a 23Q and a GPA of 3.35. (I applied really early, that may have helped).

Note:
*I went with another school in the end.

I got interviews at both AZCOM & CCOM. I was accepted at AZCOM, but didn't go to my CCOM interview b/c I put a deposit down at DMU. I'm from TX, 26 MCAT, 3.4 GPA, non trad applicant. In TX I only got an interview at TCOM, all the other TX schools hate my low stats, and now I'm on hold at GWU. This process is really strange, I wouldn't be surprised if they did pull names out of hats.

just got their invite today, 25mcat, 3.6GPA. im wondering how full their class is though...

I'm a student on the admin committee, I do the interviews. Maybe I'll interview you. I am doing more interviews on Friday Feb 18, 2005.

If you got an interview, our class is not full. We have rolling admissions and will interview into April if we have to.

At CCOM it's not about your stats. If you get an interview, your stats are fine. Just focus on talking and being yourself. We want personalities not statistics. I know its hard to believe, but we score the interviewees based on personality and character, not numbers. The interview is the end-all be-all of the process. The 3 people that interview you basically grade you in a number of different categories and based on how they normally grade applicants you get a score. Teh admin committee then meets and decides.

Good luck!

Munchkin6245 said:
I got interviews at both AZCOM & CCOM. I was accepted at AZCOM, but didn't go to my CCOM interview b/c I put a deposit down at DMU. I'm from TX, 26 MCAT, 3.4 GPA, non trad applicant. In TX I only got an interview at TCOM, all the other TX schools hate my low stats, and now I'm on hold at GWU. This process is really strange, I wouldn't be surprised if they did pull names out of hats.

I'm going to agree with you, and here's why:

I am also from TX, had a 28 MCAT, and a 3.4 GPA, a traditional applicant with alot of medical experience, including volunteering and working as a paramedic.

I was accepted to AZCOM, OSU-COM, KCOM, and recieved an interview from DMU-COM.

The only interview I recieved in Texas was from Baylor.

I was rejected without an interview from TCOM & CCOM.

OSU-COM's stats are equivalent to TCOM's & higher than CCOM's. Baylor's standards are by far above any other school's in Texas, save Southwestern.

It is completely random. They do draw out of a hat.